☆the truth and only the truth☆

WILL'S POV:

Nothing has ever felt the same since I came back from the upside down. I feel like I can never really enjoy the things I used to adore. Everyone's in such a rush to grow up, and I still just want things to be like old times. When my friends and I would play D&D in Mike's basement. Before the gate was open. Before we meant El and Max.

I just want everything to go back to the way it once was. But I know that it won't. No matter how many times I dream it, it will never change. Especially now that Mike and El are a couple.

Mike will never be the same. One look at El changed everything. It changed my whole life. The Mike I used to know is gone. Each passing day we get further and further apart. The truth is, I've loved Mike for as long as I can remember. The boy with bushy charcoal hair and fading freckles. I guess I am starting to sound a bit cheesy, but I can't stop thinking about him. I just can't help it.

I should stop thinking about him that way... I already know he isn't interested in me. He doesn't feel the way I do. I feel broken everytime I realise this. It destroys me. Imagine being so in love with someone, and they don't love you back... It hurts more than anything.

I have basically been to hell and Mike being in love with El strangely feels worse than the being trapped in the upside down.

I really do love him...

                            ☆☆☆

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

I slammed my alarm. God, I hate school. Getting up at 5:25 am was already a pain, but actually having to learn things that you're going to forget tomorrow makes it a whole lot worse. The only good part about school is the fact that I have all my classes with Mike except Math and English. And that we ride to and from school together.

I took a quick, chilly shower, and put on my Star Wars t-shirt with my bright red running shorts. I slipped on my tube socks and royal blue Converses. I was ready.

I ran to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Honey, Mike just called and said that he is on his way, so make sure you eat quickly."

"Ok mom. Don't worry, I know the drill." I replied chuckling. Again, this is one of the best parts of the day. I know this schedule by heart.

"Looks like Will is excited!" Johnathen exclaimed with a laugh. He rushed over to me and ruffled my hair. I hated and loved it at the same time when he did that.

I finished breakfast just as there was a knock on the door. I grabed my backpack and my sketchbook.

"Bye Mom! Bye Johnathen!"

Mike was standing outside my house with his bike.

"Hang on, I need to go grab my bike." I indicated, rushing to go get it.

"Ok. No need to rush. We always get to school early anyway." Mike assured.

"Ok I'm ready!"

"Let's go!"

Just as we started to head off, I noticed Mike was crying. Nooo, noo, no! I can't stand seeing him cry! It melts my heart!

"Mike are you ok?!" I asked, clearly worried.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm ok." He mumbled as tears streamed down his pale, freckle filled face.

He suddenly noticed that I was staring at him, and he quickly wiped his tears away with his jacket sleave.

That's when he burst into tears.

"OH MY GOD MIKE!"

I ran over to him and gave him a massive hug. He wrapped his arms around me, still crying.

"Mike, what's wrong?"

"I... I just don't feel right... Something feels off to me. Ever since El and I got together, I just feel... strange. I really do love El, but I'm starting to think that the  feeling I think is love, is actually confusion. All we do is make out. We never talk anymore. It just feels wrong. So wrong. I'm so confused and it's absolutely destroying me. So, I... I broke up with her this morning. Will... I think I... I think I like boys and girls... And... the truth is... I've always loved you. I have been trying to push away those feelings for years. I thought if I dated El, they would just disappear. But they didn't. I love you Will byers."

Mike was sobbing. He fell to the pavement, burying his face in his hands. He was shaking and sherving.

"Shhh it's ok," I whisper as I stroke my hands through his hair. I held him a little tighter. Then I did something I've wanted to do for years...

I kissed Mike Wheeler.

And he kissed me back!

I was bawling. We both stood in the middle of the street in the silent neighborhood holding eachother close. God, I loved this boy more than anything in the world.

"Mike, I've always loved you. For as long as I've known you." I admitted.

We kissed again.

And just for a moment, everything felt perfect.

Picture Link: https://pin.it/1fGgdh2