☆the drawing☆

MIKE'S POV:

RING RING! RING RING!

I raced over to the telephone, and quickly picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mike! It's Will. I was wondering if you wanted to come over at 6?"

"Yeah, sure! See you then."

"Cool. Bye!"

"Bye!"

I put down the phone and grabbed my tennis shoes. I gazed quickly at my watch. It was 5:48.

"Hey mom, I'm going to Will's house! Bye!" I yelled up the stairs.

"Ok, just call me if your going to spend the night." She screamed back.

"Okay."

I walked out the door, and got on my bike. I shoved my walkie-talkie in my backpack and rolled down the driveway. It was cloudy outside, so i decided to pick up the pace.

I eventually made it to Will's house. And I was even 3 minutes early! I sat my bike in the uncut lawn and knocked on the door.

I heard a crashing noise and yelling. I stood infront of the door for several minutes. Suddenly, Ms. Byers pushed open the door. She was shaking.

"H-hi Mike! Come in! Will's in his room." She muttered anxiously.

"Is everything all right Ms. Byers?"

"Yes, don't worry about me." She replied with a far off look in her eyes.

"Uhhh... Ok. If you need anything let me know."

I briskly walked down the hall to Will's room and open the door. He was drawing on the floor. He noticed me standing in front of him and he quickly snatched his drawing up, and shoved it under his bed.

"Hey Mike."

"Hi Will. Is everything ok with your mom? She seemed... nervous when I was talking to her."

"Well, she keeps having flash backs to the past. I don't think she's ok... It's getting worse. Just now, she thought I was trapped in the upside down again. She was screaming my name over and over again. She threw a plate at the wall. Then, all of the sudden, she snapped out of it... and she realized what she had just done. Glass was all over the floor. She just broke down crying and was holding me in her arms. Mike, I'm really worried about her."

Will had tears in his eyes. He sat on his bed, and grabbed his pillow. He held it to his chest. His lips quivered. I decided to sit next to him. I looked over to see if he was okay only to realise he was staring at me. We both looked away instantly. My face was starting to get hot.

"I'm going to go use the bathroom. Do you want to make a comic with me? I'll draw, and you write?"

"Yeah that sounds great," I agree. I don't feel like doing that, but I really don't want to hurt Will's feelings. I would hate to break his fragile heart. "Will... are you sure your ok?"

There was silence.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

He left the room.

I noticed the drawing he was making eariler was sticking out from under his bed. I picked it up the crumbled paper and turned it over.

I couldn't believe what I saw.

It was a doodle of Will and my D&D characters holding hands, with a heart around my name. I stared in disbelief at the picture. Then Will burst into the room. There was panic on his face when he saw his drawing in my hand.

"Mike, it's not what you think, I can expla-"

"Will, it is what I think."

Will was crying. He fell to the floor.

"Will... please don't cry! There's probobly something I should tell you... I... I... really like you Will," I whispered. "And I won't ever stop caring about you."

Will looked at me in disbelief. A single tear rolled down his rosy cheek.

"Will... don't you understand? I... I love you."

I walked over to him and wiped away the tear.

I gave Will a hug. We didn't let go.

"I've been wanting to tell you for so long," Will stated quietly. "But I... I always thought you would reject me, or it would ruin our friendship, or I would get bul-"

I kissed him. And he kissed back.

"Will, you'll never have to worry about those things again," I assured. "Because now you know that I love you."

And I really, truly meant it.