☆the mixtape☆

WILL'S POV:

Only 5 more minutes until class was over... Maybe if I focused on the clock ticking, time would magically move faster. Probably not though.

Mike sat right infront of me. He was hunched over, working hard. I hid my smile. I like Mike. No, I don't like Mike, I LOVE Mike. I always have. I am ashamed of it though. Bullies like Troy always tease about my sexuality. I mean, I never told them I liked boys. They just asumed and have always bullied me about it. Is it a bad thing?

Over the past week, I made something for Mike. I made him a mixtape. I recorded all of Mike's favorite songs off the radio. I also added some songs I like. I titled the mixtape "When you Remeber Those Nights." I wrote the title with a blue crayon on a sticky note. I tied a bow around it. I hope he likes it. I'm going to give it to him today if I have the courage.

"Class dismissed!"

Finally! I grabbed my spiral notebook, and got up. As I was heading to the door, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I swirled around to see Mike standing behind me. His freckled-filled face beamed with joy.

"Hey Mike." I put my hand on my neck and gazed at the floor.

"Hey Will! Do you want to go to the park after school today?" He suggested.

"Yeah. That sounds like fun!" I replied.

I turned around to pull the mixtape out of my bookbag.

"Mike, there's something I want to gi-"

I turned back around to find he was already gone. I stood in the empty classroom holding the tape in my hands. I couldn't shake away the disappointment from my head. I shoved the mixtape in my jacket pocket. I guess I can give it to him tonight...

                              ☆☆☆

I stood outside the school, at the bike rack waiting for Mike. The front doors slammed open, and Mike walked out briskly.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Mike I've literally been standing put here for 15 minutes waiting for you." I rolled my eyes teasingly. I giggled and playfully punched him in the arm. He punched back and gave me a paton the back.

"Come on! There's someone there I want you to meet."

Mike never mentioned meeting someone...

We hopped on our bikes, and headed towards the park. We made it there, and locked our bikes up in the bike rack.

"Hey Mike!" Across the field, there was a boy waving and jumping up and down.

"Danny!" Mike screamed. He raced over to the boy named Danny and gave him a massive hug. I didn't like where this was headed...

"Will, this is Danny," Mike explained. Danny grinned. "Danny's mom and my mom are really close friends, but Danny moved away a couple of years ago. He is visting Hawkins this week, and he is staying with us."

I really didn't like where this was headed. The mixtape was still in my jacket pocket. So much for confession... It seems to me that Mike likes Danny a lot more than me.

Danny really was a sight for sore eyes. He had olive skin, and forest green eyes. His blonde curly hair was clearly not combed, but it somehow looked amazing. No wonder Mike seemed to like this boy over me...

Maybe I'm just overthinking. I mean, he hasn't seen Danny in a couple years...

"So, Will, are you Mike's best friend?" Danny questioned.