☆camping☆

WILL'S POV:

"Can I go camping this weekend... With Mike?" I asked my mom.

"Sure, sweetie! Make sure to make a checklist with everything you need, okay?" My mom answered.

"Great!" I exclaimed. A smile spread across my face. I ran to the phone, and dialed Mike's number.

"Mike, she said yes!"

"Yey! See you at 7am tomorrow!"

                             ☆☆☆

I grabbed my duffel bag and brushed my teeth.

"Bye Mom! I'll see you on Monday!"

"Okay, have fun!"

I walked out the door, and got into my rusty pickup truck. It was old, but hey, at least it worked.

Mike was standing outside of his house. He ran over to my truck and hopped in.

"Hi Will." Mike smiled as he threw his bag in the back seat.

"Hi Mike." I bit my lip to hide my grin.

"Sooo are you ready for a week of no showers and just us?" He asked triumphantly.

I shoved him, my grin growing wide enough to the point were I couldn't hide it any longer.

"Of course! Obviously!" I laughed.

I started up the truck, and I started to drive. Mike put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a tape. He put the tape in and a familiar sound rang throughout the speakers. The Clash.

I started to laugh. It amazed him how he could remember the littlest details of the things I enjoyed.

Then Mike started singing.

"Should I stay or should I go now? If I go there will be trouble. If I stay there will be double."

His voice was painfully bad, but i still made me feel so glad to hear it. Seriously, Mike singing my favorite song to me just seems like something out of a dream. I squinted my eyes as the bright sun appeared from the tree tops. Mike noticed and handed me his baseball cap. I put it on and felt my eyes relax.

                            ☆☆☆

After 4 hours of driving, laughing, and singing, we finally made it to the campsite. I took the keys and shoved them in my pocket. Mike got out and slammed the door shut. He opened the back door and grabbed his bag. He took a deep breath, his shoulders lifting, and then let it out. Mike noticed I was staring at him and I smirked. I started to giggle and then Mike joined in.

"Are you gonna help me set up the tent?" I asked Mike.

"Nah." He said jokingly.

"Please." I begged with a pouty face.

"God, I can't say no to that face." He mocked and started laughing.

I grabbed the tent out of the back of the truck and Mike started to help me set it up.

"After we're done setting up the tent, I thing we should get fire wood." Mike suggested.

"Yeah, sounds good." I replied.

We finished setting up the tent, and we went deeper into the woods. The air felt thin, almost like it was too easy to breath. The leaves crunched under my feet, making me smile. It was fall after all. The chilly breeze blew the hair out of my eyes. Mike never left my side as we walked. I was stuck in my thoughts.

"You good?" Mike asked.

"Yeah. I was just thinking."

He was holding a large pile of sticks. Then I relized we had been walking for 30 minutes and I had absolutely nothing in my thin hands.

"About what?" Mike smirked.

"I don't know. I guess just fall, and you." I answered akwardly.

Mike's motionless face lit up. He dropped all the sticks onto the ground and came up from behind me. He picked me up and spind me around.

"Oh my God-Mike! Put me down! You're literally so cheesy!" I laughed.

He put me down and bite his lip. I started to giggle and I hugged him. He picked up the pile of fire wood and we starting heading back to camp. We ate lunch, and walked on nature trails. By the time we got back from hiking, it was starting to become darker outside. We had been sitting by the fire and the pile of sticks was becoming smaller and smaller.

"I think I'm going to go get more fire wood, it's about to get really dark out here." I told Mike.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Nah I'll be fine." I replied.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

"Okay."

I started to head into the woods. I shivered and then it seemed like the world started to flicker. My jaw dropped, and I put my hand on the back of my neck. Something was definitely not right. The surrounding air was starting to suffocate me. I was in the upside down. My mind was racing and my hands became sweaty. No... this can't be real! It can't! I dashed to back to were Mike and I were camping only to see an empty patch. My cheeks became hot and tears started to build up in my eyes. I don't want to be here! THIS ISN'T REAL! I fell to the ground and started shaking. I'm helpless.

All of the past memories I had of the upside down came flooding back to my thoughts. I don't wanna die here! I just want this to all go away! I want it to disappear! I want to be normal! I just want to be with Mike...

                             ☆☆☆

MIKE'S POV:

I sat next to the dying fire and waited for Will to return. It was pitch black outside, and the bugs were eating me alive. What is taking him so long? It's almost been a half an hour and he still isn't back... What if he's hurt?! Oh my God, I need to find him! I grabbed the first aid kit out of the truck (and a flashlight!) and raced into the woods.

I switched the flashlight on and peered around every which way to find Will.

"WILL!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "WILL ARE YOU OK?!"

I raced deeper into the woods. I started to shiver. I was really worried about him. What if... What if the demogrogon got him?! At this thought, my head begain to swell. My breathing became shakey and quicker.

"WILL! WILL! WILLLLLL!"

My flashlight shined its dim light on a figure inbetween two trees. It was Will. I ran over to him. His mouth was wide open and his eyes were wide. He was completly frozen, unaware of my presences. I waved my hand infront of his eyes, but he wouldn't snap out of it. I started to panic.

"WILL STOP IT! PLEASE STOP!"

At this his eyes rolled to the back of his head, only showing his blinding white scleras.

"OH MY GOD, WILL STOP!"

I broke down, crying and screaming.

"WILL! PLEASE! I LOVE YOU! DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN!"

There was nothing I could do. He just stood there frozen in fear. It became harder, and harder to breathe. The woods surronding us seemed to flicker. It finally stopped, and it immediately felt freezing. Will started to move.

"WILL!" I screamed again and kissed him. His face was covered in fear. He gripped on tightly too me, burying his face into my chest. His tears blotted my shirt. I gazed over the terrian and noticed that it looked a lot different than when I had first saw Will.

"Where the hell are we?"

Will started shaking.

"Th-the upside down."

Picture Link: https://pin.it/6T5Zaod