☆castle byers☆

WILL'S POV:
"Hey Will! We're getting our report cards today! I bet you did great!" Mike whispered as we walked in the classroom. He kissed me on the cheek quickly before anyone could see. I went over to my desk and sat down with a smile on my face.

"William Byers, here is your report card." Mr. Clarke murmured. "Mr. Byers, I think you can do better. Remember you can always talk to me or ask for help. Please have your mom come in for a conference next Wednesday at 5:45 pm."

I nodded my head as he handed me an envelope with my name printed in the front with a bold font. He patted my back and handed out the next report card. I eagerly opened it up to see the horror before me. Mr. Clarke wasn't kidding. Oh my God. Oh my God. My mom is going to kill me! I have two Fs and everything else is a C! No no no!!! A tear slid down my face. I brushed it away swiftly praying no one saw. But of course, someone did. And that someone was Troy. He made eye contact with his goons and then at me. Then he made his hand into a fist and pounded it against the table. He snickered and then pointed at me.

God this day couldn't get any worse. Mike looked over at me and raised his eye brows. I guess he wanted to know what was wrong. I grabbed my notebook and ripped out a page and started writing everything that was going on.

"Ooooooo looks like Will's writing a love letter to his boyfriend Mike!" Troy shouted so everyone in the room could hear. My face started to get hot. Tears started swelling in my eyes.

"Leave him alone!" Mike yelled. He was angry.

"Oooo! Looks like frog face is finally standing up to me! You know I can easily take you and your boyfriend down!" Troy threatened. Mike spat at Troy.

Just as I was finishing up the note, Mr. Clarke came over to my desk.

"Boys, no more yelling or note passing unless you want a trip to the principle's office!" Mr. Clarke yelled firmly.

Mr. Clarke turned his back and I passed the note to Mike. That's it. I can't handle this. If I leave school now, I can avoid being beaten up by Troy, and find a way to make my grades look better.

Mike gazed over at me, mouthing the words "I'm sorry you have had a rough day."

I nodded as I burst back into tears.

"Awww! Poor crybaby Will! Where is his big, strong, boyfriend to protect him?" Troy mocked.

"He's... He's not my boyfriend! That's so gross!" Mike screamed.

The room became silent. Mike was blushing and I could instantly see he regretted what he said. But I didn't care. It felt like I had been slapped in the face. I grabbed my backpack and ran out of the room. My face was covered in tears. Why would Mike say that? We've been dating for 2 years! I can't believe this. He only said that because he doesn't want to be judged. But still! We're going to have to tell people eventually. Is he embarrassed to be seen with me? Why would he do this to me?

I could hear Mr. Clarke yelling my name but I couldn't care less. I just wanted to get out of this dump.

I walked out of the front doors of the school building and ran straight to the bike rack. I unlocked my bike and got on it. I have never felt so terrible in my whole life... I feel like an embarrassment to the world. Even my own boyfriend can't be seen with me!

I made my way over to Castle Byers and just cried. My whole life was ruined. If I go home, I'll be in major trouble because of my grades. If I go to school, I'll get beat up by Troy. And now, Mike will never want to talk to me ever again! Maybe... It isn't worth being alive anymore...

MIKE'S POV:

God what is wrong with me?! Why did I say that?!!! Right now I am sitting in the principle's office with Troy. I really, really, REALLY want to beat the crap out of him. I hate him more than anything in the whole world. He hurt Will... and I did to... I started to cry. The only boy I've ever loved is probably crying somewhere because of what I said. I hate myself. I hate myself more then I hate Troy. Why did I say that he wasn't my boyfriend and being his boyfriend gross? I love Will more than anything, and now, he probobly wants to kill me.

I regret it. I really do. I don't even think I can say sorry for what I did... What I did was unforgivable. I love him more than anything and I really need to make it up to him. If I can't handle him not being mine for more than a couple minutes, then there is no way I can lose him. I love him to much.

I got up from the chair and ran out of the office.

"Mr. Wheeler get back here this instant!"

I raced down the hall and ran out the door I grabbed my bike and started pedaling. He has to be at Castle Byers. I just know it.

I eventually made it there and saw Will sleeping. The bitter cold air swirled around me. I walked into the fort and lied down next to him, kissing him on his forehead. His face was as cold as ice. I hope he won't catch a cold! His wide eyes suddenly opened. They had tears in them. I wrapped my arms arms around him.

"Mike... Why did you say that?" He asked, with his voice shaking.

"I... I..."

I broke down crying.

"I don't know Will! I just panicked. I'm so sorry! I... I love you more than anything, and I just... I made a mistake. I don't want to lose you! I'm sorry!" I cried. I was sobbing. I really, truly regretted what I had said.

"Will, I can't lose you! If I can't be with you, I'll feel so incomplete. I just don't think I can live without you."

"God, you're so cheesy!" Will giggled.

"Will, I... I want to make a promise to you. What I did, will never happen again. I love you too much to brake my promise and I don't want to lose you."

Will put his hand in mine and kissed me on the cheek.

"Mike... I know you didn't mean what you said, but it still hurt. I know you just don't want to get bullied... And I can understand that. It's ok if you don't want people to know, but we're going to have to tell people one day..."

I nodded. Will leaned his head on my shoulder. I squeezed his hand. The chilly air blew around us, and the trees shaked. Leafs flew all around us. It was absolutely gorgeous. Will's cheeks were flushed and his teeth were chattering. I took my jacket off and wrapped it around him. He smiled and looked up at me with his big chcocolate eyes.

"Will, I really am sorry."

"I know. I forgive you. I love you too much to not." He laughed and gave me a big hug.

We sat for a long time in silence. Will eventually fell asleep on me. I curled my arms around him and fell asleep knowing he was still mine.

(The picture above was taken by me from the book (Will Byers: Secret Files By Matthew J. Gilbert).

Author's note: My internet has been terrible even though I have unlimited data. I have been trying to upload this chapter for the past couple days lol. I think the main reason it wasn't uploading is because there's been a terrible storm happening. Thank you for listening to my rant. (Sorry)!