☆christmas eve☆

MIKE'S POV:

Everything needs to be perfect. For Will. It has to be. I can't forgive myself if it's not. The fire place was lit, the stockings were hung, and the tree gave off a warm glow. The smell of the vinilla candle I lit filled the air with it's sweet scent. It felt magical in a way. My parents, Nancy, and Holly were at Nana's house. I tricked them into thinking I was sick so I could stay at home, and invite Will over. They felt bad leaving me behind, but they still went regardless.

I scanned over the room one last time to make sure that everything was positively picture perfect. I placed Will's present underneath the tree. Wait... something's missing... I furrowed my brow, and thought. Mistletoe! That's what I forgot. I have some, I just need to hang it up. I hung up the mistletoe on the hallway frame and smiled. God, I am so stupid for doing this, I chuckled to myself. I took a deep breath, and waited for Will to show up. It was 5:26pm, and he said he would be here at 5:30pm. Joyce said he could come over just as long as my parents were ok with it (they had no clue but that's fine).

DING DONG!

Oh my God, he's here. I brushed my hair out of my eyes, and opened the door to see Will smiling at me. He wore a heavy winter jacket, and he looked literally so adorable. The dim streetlamp lit up the road just enough so I could see that it was lightly snowing. It was so still and peaceful. He held a box with a cherry red bow placed on the top. I ushered him in, and I helped him take off his coat.

"Merry Christmas Mike." He warmly smiled.

"Merry Christmas Will." I replied with butterflies in my stomach. We walked into my living room, and Will gasped at the sight of the glittering tree.

"Oh my goodness. It's so pretty!" He exclaimed in awe. He raced over to it, and his eyes filled with wonder. He studied each ornament and decoration.

I chuckled as he gazed at the decorations. He turned around and shoved me when he heard me laugh, which caused me to laugh even harder. I shoved him back to bother him and he started to giggle. He's so cute!

"Hey do you want to make cookies?" I asked him.

"Yeah!"

We headed over to the kitchen, and I pulled out everything we needed. I made the cookies, and Will decorated them with frosting and sprinkles. After a bit, I took them out of the oven, and I burned them. NO NO NO!! It's supposed to be perfect!! Ughhhhhhh.

"I can't believe this! I'm sorry about the cookies Will!" I sighed.

"It's ok! They're still good!" He takes one of the cookies and shoves it in his mouth. "See? Amazing! Don't be to hard on yourself!" Why is he so nice?!

I grin at him, and pick up one of the cookies. It tasted better than I thought it would, but still not that great. I appreciate the fact that Will tried to make me feel better though. Will starts to shiver.

"Hey, let's sit by the fire." I suggest. Will and I walk over to the blazing fire and sit down. I wrap a blanket around us and we hudle close. Holy shitttttt. I rest my head on Will's shoulder, and I can feel him tense up.

"Oh sorry I-"

"It's ok, I just I-" He blushes and smiles at me.

Then Will rests his head on my shoulder. I attempt to hide my dopey grin, but I fail miserably. God, he's too adorable! The fire casts a soft light onto our faces and we smile. All of the sudden, Will gets up.

"Hey where are you going?"

"You'll see!"

Will returns with the box he was holding earlier.

"It's... It's for you." He whisphers bashfully. He hands me the present, and I open it. Inside is a snowglobe with swirling sparkles and a winter scene on the inside. I'm speechless. All I can do is pull Will into a hug.

"Thank you." I say as tears build up in my eyes. The Christmas tree lights become blurred. A hug him tighter. "It's gorgeous." He plays with my hair.

"You're welcome." He responds. He pulls away from from me and I can see he's trying to hide his grin.

"I have something for you too!" I put the snowglobe above the fireplace on the mantel. I grab the present from underneath the tree and give it to Will. He carefully opens it up and his reaction melts my heart. He starts crying tears of joy.

"Mike, you shouldn't have."

"But I did." I chuckle. Will picked up the teddy bear from the box and squeezed it tight. Will had told me a couple months ago how when he was younger, he had a teddy bear that he would carry around everywhere with him. One day, Lonnie had told him that he needed to stop carrying around his bear because he looked stupid. Then, Lonnie ripped up the bear infront of him. Will said that that bear ment a lot to him because his mom had gotten it for him on his 3rd birthday, and Lonnie ripping it up felt like a stab in the heart. He wished he could get that bear back because it always calmed him down.

"Mike, thank you. Thank you so much." He cried. I took Will's hand and led him away from the fire, towards the mistletoe.

"Hey Will look up." Will gazed up and I kissed him. His eyes became wide and he blushed. He kisses me back, and I swear it was a Christmas miracle (hehe). Just as soon as I pulled away, Will kissed me again. I held him close and we went back to the fire. Will held his teddy bear and me close to him. I wrapped the blanket back around us, and watched the fire burn.

"Merry Christmas Mike. I love you."

"Merry Christmas Will. I love you too."

Will gave me another kiss and we both felt so thankful for eachother.

Picture Link: https://pin.it/oTeJRj5