☆birthday boy☆

MIKE'S POV:

Today is Will's birthday! I had been planning his present for a couple weeks now, and thank goodness, it was ready in time. I got ready for school, and grabbed the neatly wrapped box with the large bow on top. I shoved it into my backpack, and got onto my bike.

The second I saw Will's face in the crowded hallway, I ran to him. "Happy Birthday!" I hugged him tight and gave him a kiss. He giggled and his smile grew. I pulled a present out of my backpack, and handed it to him.

"This is for you! I... I hope you like it." I said bashfully. Will took the present and admired the sunshine yellow bow on the top of the navy blue box.

"The box is literally so pretty! I'm actully kind of scared to open it." He chuckled. Just as he pulled to bow of the top, the bell rang.

"Oh, I guess I'll open it later. Thank you Mike!" He beamed, and then raced down the hallway to his first class. I can't wait for him to open it!

                              ☆☆☆

WILL'S POV:

Class was so boring as always, and I decided to draw on my classwork. I drew the present box and added Mike holding it. Ugh I wish class would end already so we could hang out for the day.

It was so sweet of Mike to get me something. It really was. I appreciated it a lot.

RING RING!

Finally! I grabbed my backpack and rushed out of the classroom. Just a couple more hours to go...

*a couple hours go by*

I scooped up my books, and placed them carefully into my backpack. I moved to present to the side so I wouldn't damage what ever was inside it.

"Will! Are you going to open it?" Mike asked. He appeared out of no where, which wasn't at all suprising at all because he did that a lot haha.

"Yeah! Right after we actually walk put of school." I laughed. I love how enthusiastic he was about me opening a present. It was honestly adorable.

We walked out of school together, and I opened the box. He wrote me a beautiful letter, and he had a note card inside the box. I picked it up and read it.

"Go to the place were you like to be alone. The safest space to you that lays inside right inside your home. The next clue is hidden there, right by something you use to draw and color hair." I read out loud. Mike's grin only grew.

"Oh. My. God. Mike is this a scavenger hunt?!" I squealed.

"Yes!" He replied happily.

"Ok... Ok... Let me think about this for a second... Ummm... Well I am assuming it's in my house. Uhh... Is it my room?" I asked.

"I can't tell you that." Mike laughed. "Go find out!"

Mike and I hoped onto our bikes, and began to peddle towards my house.

We made it, and I ran to my room. I started searching each nook and cranny in sight. Then I really thought about what the clue said. It was by something I use to draw and color hair... Colored pencils maybe?

I opened my box of colored pencils to see another note card.

"Ok, seriously, when did you do this?" I joked.

"Last time I was over." He chuckled.

"The next clue is in a place not at all new to you. In fact, you have been there many times, and people come in to get things too. Your mom is there right now, and she is working hard to get off soon."

"This one should be easy!"

"Oooo uhhh... I think Melvad's General Store."

"Yup!"

We hopped on our bikes, and raced down there.

As we walked in, of course, my mom had to embarrass me as always.

"Oh it's my birthday boy!" She walked out from behind the counter and gave me a bear hug.

"Mom! Sto-"

"I see you're on your little hunt! Mike told me all about it! You too are so precious together! Here let me grab my camra and take some pictures!" She exclaimed.

My face was beet red, and Mike was literally dying from laughing. I glared at him, but then burst into laughter. My mom grabbed her camra and started taking a billion pictures of us.

I searched throughout the store, and couldn't find the note card. Then I look over at my mom and saw it in her pocket.

"Mom... I see you have the note card. Can I have it?"

"Of course sweetie!"

She handed me the card and I read it.

"This place maybe be small, but don't let it fool you. We have won many battles and duels there and ruled them too. The next note is hidden by something you love more than your mom's food."

"Sorry that last part was random. I was trying to think of something that kind of rhymed with 'too.'"

"It's ok! Seriously, the amount of effort you've put into this is amazing!"

Mike smiled at me.

"So we've won battles here... Well I think it has something to do with D&D... And we mainly play D&D in your basement!" I realized.

Mike and I went to his house, and scrambled down the basement stairs. I scanned the room, and then looked under our D&D board. The next note!

"This place may be the most speical in your heart. It's deep in the woods, and plays a big part. The next clue is was smartly placed, right inside somewhere were you go when you need some space."

"Castle Byers!" I yelled.

We once again got on our bikes, and went to Castle Byers. We ran into the woods, and found the structure standing proud. We crawled inside, and a note card in the center. I picked it up and read it.

"Now that you have completed your mission, sit for a while and take a listen. I have a suprize for you, and don't worry, it's not a pair of mittens."

"Ok, close your eyes!"

I closed my eyes and heard some shuffling.

"Ok, you can open them!"

Mike held a blossoming bouquet of flowers in his thin hands. Blazing reds, baby blues, flamingo pinks, and deep purples filled the small space with splashes of color.

My jaw dropped at the sight of beauty before me (and I'm not just talking about the flowers hehe).

"I... I grew these in my garden, and I thought that they would be perfect to give to you."

"Mike, I'm speechless. They're gorgous! Thank you so much I-"

He pressed his lips against mine, and then pulled away.

"I love you so much. I can't thank you enough." I whisphered. He handed me the flowers, and I smelled them. They were lovely.

"I'm so happy I got to spend the day with you. I love you."

Picture Link: https://pin.it/5svx3gK

Author's Note: Sorry this was like the most random one shot idea I've ever had and it was kinda dumb. I am SOOO SORRY for all the spelling mistakes I have made in this book!! I always edit my stories once I finish writing them, but sometimes I miss things. Also, if you haven't, go check out my new Byler Fanfic! Have a nice day!