CH 1 I meet a man with a very long beard

*Lightly Edited*

I groaned and rolled over, it had been six months since I fought in the last war and the grief of all the losses was slowly getting better, I know Annabeth would kill me if she saw that I was wasting what time I had left. So little by little I had allowed myself to let go of my grief.

"Hey, Percy?" A knock sounded at my door. I dragged myself out of bed.

"What's up?" I asked seeing one of the newer campers. 

"Chiron wants to see you." I nodded and closed the door

I quickly get changed and head towards the big house. I look around, Mr. D wasn't there today so I guess I don't have to worry about getting turned into a dolphin today. I did notice that Chiron was using his magic wheelchair again though, so it must be someone who didn't know about demigods. I look over to the man sitting on the couch across from Chiron <a/n: For the sake of the story we are going to say that this all happens when the golden trio are fifth years>

"Ah, you must be Perseus Jackson, I have heard many great things about you." The man with the super long beard said extending a hand to me. I took it, shaking it cautiously. 

"U-um Thanks? It's just Percy by the way though." I said looking at Chiron. What was going on? 

The man chuckled, "I swung by your mother's place and this is where she told me to find you. Ah!" He paused as if remembering something he turned to Chiron, "If it wouldn't be too much trouble could I speak to Percy privately?" He asked politely. I looked to Chiron too, considering it for a minute before nodding his head and backing up in his chair. 

"Percy, listen to what Dumbledore has to say, we'll talk afterward." I hesitated, but I trusted Chiron and he had never steered me wrong before so, I just nodded as he wheeled out of the room. I knew he wouldn't go far, and if I needed help there was a camp full of skilled demigods right outside. 

"So, what's up?" I asked crossing my arms, turning to him.

"Why don't we sit down first Percy?" He asked sitting down and reaching for the teapot in front of him, "Would you like some tea?" He asked offering a glass, where did those come from? I wasn't a stranger to food randomly appearing, but that doesn't mean I wasn't any less wary of it. 

"Uh no thank you," I said and he nodded placing it down on the table and taking his glass.

"Well Percy to put it bluntly you are a wizard," I stared at him, "Yes, I'm serious." He answered my unspoken question. I stared at the man in front of me, blinking a few times before a dark laugh burst out of me. Ofcourse! I get a six-month break and I'm forced back into the craziness. Dumbledore looked at me concerned. I waved him off. Ok, I guess I could believe that I mean why not? They could just be blessed by Hecate or something. 

"Okay," I say calming myself down, "Let's say I believe you and you're not crazy, which for the moment I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt Chiron seemed to think you were okay. Why are you telling me this now and not... oh, I don't know... 6 years ago?" I asked looking at Dumbledore. Images of the years flattering across my memory. <A/n there was a comment here saying that I should re-word it but after further study, I've decided not to because I noticed that even though I've implied some things here I never explicitly say anything so we're going to leave this the way it is :) >

"Well it was hard to even find you, your grandfather hid you well, you see the wizarding world is going through a war at this moment, the ministry, which is the wizard version of a government, is too scared to say that your grandfather is back."

"I don't have a grandfather," Well that they knew of, "He died in a plane crash years ago," Thanks for that Zeus, "And even if he magically survived, you're telling me that the magical government too scared of him to admit he's back," I said, wizards? Sure, I could believe it, but another evil grandfather? The fates couldn't be that cruel... could they? Dumbledore studied me again.

"Your mother is a squib, meaning she is a wizard with magic blood, but she doesn't possess any power, because of this your grandfather was ashamed and gave her to a muggle family to hind her presence, and by doing so you were hidden as well. Your grandfather has created many murders because he believes that wizards that are not of pure birth are dirty, an opinion that most of the wizarding world does not share, I know some amazing wizards who are muggle-born." He summed up, great if he wasn't crazy then the fates were that cruel. I groan and put my head in my hands. 

"So, let me guess, you came to whisk me away because it is not 'safe' for me here and you want me to somewhere surround with people that will hate my guts because my Grandfather is a messed-up jerk with racial issues," I said from my hands.

"You're taking this well, considering the news," Dumbledore commented.

"Just used to surprises at this point." I said, "So where do you want to take me?" I asked

"A school, for wizards and witches, Hogwarts," I coughed,

"Sorry, I mean the names are weird." I mean not as weird as names like Charybdis- a swirling whirlpool at the entrance to the sea of monsters, but still weird. Dumbledore cracked a smile,

"Yes, I suppose they are." He said, "I do believe that you will be safer at Hogwarts." He said and I looked him over.

"Why would I be safer there? So far, he's made no move to contact me, and I'm sure you've got a few spies in your school so wouldn't that bring attention to my grandfather that I in fact exist." Dumbledore smiled again.

"I'll level with you Percy, there was a time that your grandfather disappeared for a bit, it was after he tried to kill a child named Harry Potter, Harry is one of my students and I have become rather attached to that boy. I was hoping that this year I would distance myself with him and by bringing you to Hogwarts will distract your grandfather long enough that Harry might have a peaceful year, so I guess it's my own selfishness that brings me here." I nodded I understood. Harry must not have had the most peaceful life with a psychopath out to kill him.

"Let me talk to Chiron and then we'll go," I said Dumbledore looked over to me I could see surprise and thanks lacing his gaze. I nodded and placed a hand on his shoulder, he had so much to deal with. I understood that I understood pain, loss, grief, and hope. I heated the tea for him a bit and went out to find Chiron. Don't worry Harry, even if my coming to Hogwarts might hurt you, I hope you forgive me. 

-

-

-

What House do you think Percy should be in? 

Gryffindor

Ravenclaw

Hufflepuff

Slytherin

 Welp that was my first chapter how was it? I'm currently working on a One Piece/ Fairy Tail crossover so go and check it out if you're interested. Love ya'll and see you soon! 

Last announcement: This book was inspired by 'Falling through Portals by @Elizabeth_Lux  so go check that out... personally I got bored a little way in, but that's just my opinion, and tons of people liked the work so I recommend at least giving it a try.

🦇