Ch 1 Voldemort

"To me, Potter," repeated the drawling voice as the man held out his hand, palm up.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry said. Several of the Death Eaters laughed. A harsh female voice from the midst of the shadowy figures to Harry's left said triumphantly,

"The Dark Lord always knows!"

"Always," echoed the man softly. "Now, give me the prophecy, Potter."

"I want to know where Sirius is!"

"I want to know where Sirius is!" mimicked the woman to his left. She and her fellow Death Eaters had closed in so that they were feet away from Harry and the others, the light from their wands dazzling Harry's eyes.

"You've got him," said Harry, "He's here. I know he is."

"The little baby woke up fwightened and fort what it dweamed was twoo," said the woman in a horrible, mock-baby voice.

The woman who had mimicked him let out a raucous scream of laughter.

"You hear him? You hear him? Giving instructions to the other children as though he thinks of fighting us!"

"Oh, you don't know Potter as I do, Bellatrix," said the man softly. "He has a great weakness for heroics; the Dark Lord understands this about him. Now give me the prophecy, Potter." I sucked in a breath, if it was a prophecy... that could turn the tide of the war. It needed to be protected what was it doing here? I came back into the conversation with the man threating

"Now give me the prophecy, or we start using wands."

"Go on, then," said Harry, raising his own wand to chest height. As he did so, the five wands of Ron, Hermione, Neville, Ginny, and Luna rose on either side of him. But the Death Eaters did not strike.

"Hand over the prophecy and no one need get hurt," said the man, so they need Harry to give it to them

"Yeah, right!" he said. "I give you this — prophecy, is it? And you'll just let us skip off home, will you?" The words were hardly out of his mouth when the female Death Eater shrieked,

"Accio Proph —" Harry was just ready for her. He shouted "Protego!" before she had finished her spell, and though the glass sphere slipped to the tips of his fingers he managed to cling on to it.

"Oh, he knows how to play, little bitty baby Potter," she said, her mad eyes staring through the slits in her hood. "Very well, then —"

"I TOLD YOU, NO!" the man roared at the woman. "If you smash it — !"

"You need more persuasion?" she said, her chest rising and falling rapidly. "Very well — take the smallest one," she ordered the Death Eaters beside her.

"Let him watch while we torture the little girl. I'll do it." Harry felt the others close in around Ginny. He stepped sideways so that he was right in front of her, the prophecy held up to his chest.

"You'll have to smash this if you want to attack any of us," he told Bellatrix. "I don't think your boss will be too pleased if you come back without it, will he?" Good, either Harry understood what was at stake, or he just wanted to leave. She did not move; she merely stared at him, the tip of her tongue moistening her thin mouth.

"So," said Harry, "what kind of prophecy are we talking about anyway?"

"What kind of prophecy?" repeated Bellatrix, the grin fading from her face. "You jest, Harry Potter."

I step back, watching how things played out. I sucked at magic and I'd rather unnecessarily revile my powers. Wait, they want a prophecy, right? Then I'll give them one, or two. I scanned the shelves, where are you... there. I found it, I grabbed two that said 'Percy Jackson' and ran toward the group,

"Here Harry take this one," I said handing him a random one and taking the other one from him, "You can smash it or whatever you can even give it to them, its of no use to them," I pushed the other on in his hand, "Same with this one, you can bluff with one and then use the other as a shield- their coming I'll be around, but I can't be seen" and with that I took off. I watched them as the spells were fired and I watched Neville take Hermione and head off, Harry turned back though... this wasn't looking good. Ron was looking awful and not taking sense, and Ginny's ankle wasn't working. I watch as they made it to the brain's room and then they got caught. I griped the Prophecy in my hand tightly. I was lucky we had switched them earlier. Then reinforcements came. I breathed a sigh of relief. Everyone was stunned when Dumbledore had shown up but I was still focused on Sirius. Suddenly I saw a red light get past his defense. I lunged and took it in my shoulder.

"Percy!!" I heard someone call. I groaned and forced a hand into my pocket, not for riptide but for some ambrosia. I quickly stuffed it into my mouth and shallowed before passing out. I came too in a strange room. Voldemort was talking to Harry, he was angry. I looked at him, that was my grandfather, huh. I groaned and stood up. Voldemort looked my way and then smiled.

"Ah, so you're the grandson that I've heard so much about," He said sweeping towards me,

"Your subordinate tried to kill me," I said looking at Beatrix. Voldemort chuckled

"You shouldn't have gotten in the way, speaking of, how are you not dead?" He asked circling me. I took out my wand which was in my jacket pocket, right where the spell had hit, it had given me just enough time, but it wouldn't save anyone,

"Just a thought I had, seems it worked," Voldemort smiled.

"I'm proud of you," He said I blinked.

"You don't here that often, do you?" He asked gently, "Your father leaving at such a young age, your step father abusing you, and then when you finally run away your mother finds a man she loves and replaces you with a daughter," He taunted, I didn't take the bait

"What do you want?" I asked and he smiled, it was a terrible smile,

"Why, kill Potter, do that and you will be accepted into my home, you will have everything that your heart desires," He said. I looked at him dully,

"Anything? How can you promise that? What if I said I wanted my girlfriend back? Would you crawl down to hell to get her?" I asked Voldemort's smile faltered, "My mother found happiness, after two failed relationships, I was happy for her, I love my little sister, she is not my replacement. I don't need praise, I don't need acceptance, in fact I don't believe I deserve any of that." I leveled a glare at him, "So I'll tell you what," I breathed "'Grandfather'" I spat his title, "You have lost the Prophecy, you have lost your grandson, so why don't you cut your loses and get out," I said leveling my wand at him Suddenly Fudge came bursting in. Voldemort cursed, sent one more glare to Harry and disappeared. Dumbledore came in next.

"I shall explain everything," repeated Dumbledore, "when Harry and Percy get back at school." He walked away from the pool to the place where the golden wizard's head lay on the floor. He pointed his wand at it and muttered, "Portus." The head glowed blue and trembled noisily against the wooden floor for a few seconds, then became still once more.

"Now see here, Dumbledore!" said Fudge, as Dumbledore picked up the head and walked back to them carrying it.

"You haven't got authorization for that Portkey! You can't do things like that right in front of the Minister of Magic, you — you —" His voice faltered as Dumbledore surveyed him magisterially over his half-moon spectacles.

"You will give the order to remove Dolores Umbridge from Hogwarts," said Dumbledore. "You will tell your Aurors to stop searching for my Care of Magical Creatures teacher so that he can return to work. I will give you . . ." Dumbledore pulled a watch with twelve hands from his pocket and glanced at it, "half an hour of my time tonight, in which I think we shall be more than able to cover the important points of what has happened here. After that, I shall need to return to my school. If you need more help from me you are, of course, more than welcome to contact me at Hogwarts. Letters addressed to the headmaster will find me." Fudge goggled worse than ever. His mouth was open and his round face grew pinker under his rumpled gray hair.

"I — you —" Dumbledore turned his back on him. "Take this Portkey." He held out the golden head of the statue, and we placed our hands upon it

"I shall see you in half an hour," said Dumbledore quietly. "One . . . two . . . three . . ."