Ch 1 Finding a house

I looked out at the rushing landscape thinking about Harry. I weaseled his story out a few sources and I was impressed with all that he had done. I hope he understood that he only succeeded because of his friends and realized that even without his friends he would have found a way. I sighed and looked down at my robes, I didn't know which house I would be put into but I figured that it wouldn't be Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff sort of made sense with my fatal flaw, Slytherin because of my grandfather, or Griffendor because of my experiences. Snape had told me that the hat could see into your core, I was pretty sure that my core was in sharp shards but I don't know what I should do about it. The door slide open and a pale blonde slipped into the car. I looked at him confused as he closed the door slowly then slouched in the seat across from me. I looked at him for a bit but when he didn't say anything I decided to let him be. When I felt the train start to slow I looked over at my companion, he had slipped into sleep by the lull of the train. I smiled softly and I taped his shoulder. His demeanor reminded me of Nico. He opened his eyes slowly then jumped. I backed up and when he didn't say anything I just merely said, "We're here" and I got off the train. I saw the castle and I almost teared up from the thoughts of Annabeth that came rushing back. I smiled sadly and my hand tightened around my luggage.

"Percy Jackson!" I heard a voice call and I turned to find a witch with a strick face starring at me.

"That would be me," I said stepping forward.

"Ah very well. Follow me." She said briskly walking any from the other students. She gave me a brief tour and a couple of tricks around the magic. She stopped in front of an odd statue.

"Dumbledore wanted to make sure that you know where his office is. You will find most things around here require a password, Dumbledore has a sweet tooth," she said and at 'sweet tooth', the statue started to move. I jumped back slightly. "This is Dumbledore office, be careful to not let anyone follows you if you need to use it, we don't make a habit of telling the students the headmaster's password. " I nodded and let her lead me away. "The first years should be done with the sorting and Dumbledore should be done with his announcements by now, so let's get you sorted. Shall we Mr. Jackson?" She asked fixing her cat-eyed stare on me.

"After you," I said simply and she nodded leading the way to the great hall.

"And finally we have a new student, he was recently found in America and so he will be put into the 5th years. Please meet Percy Jackson!" I heard through the muffled doors and the lady blew open the doors with a flick of her wand.

"Wizards sure like dramatic entrances don't they," I muttered under my breath but a few people who heard me chuckled. An old hat was brought forth and I approached it slowly, wary I slowly sat down and it was placed on my head. There was a silence and then a voice spoke softly in my head.

"My, my another one of these, I'm sorry my son you have gone through so much and yet you are willing to go through more." I shifted uncomfortably and the voice chuckled, "yes I know you don't accept praises easily, where would you like to be placed?" I started. I really didn't know if I did Slytherin then it would cause an uppwore *uproar* with Harry, and it would make his hate for me grow but if I did any other house Voldemort might not take the bait dubbing me 'too weak' I swallowed and nodded my head 'Slytherin please' I whispered. I knew my fate. I calmed my spiking nervousness. I could do this, I could do this for Harry. 'You have the kindest heart I have ever seen Percy.' The hat whispered in my head. He must not have seen my mother's heart then. He laughed at me again and then I felt him leave my head floating in the air.

"Grandson of The Dark Lord," he shouted, and whispers spread through the hall, "heir of SLYTHERIN!" He said the person who placed the hat on my head took the hat from me where it levitated. The hall was silent and I stood up and headed towards the table with the green banner. Dumbledore caught my eye and sent me a grateful look. I slightly nodded my head towards him and squared my shoulders. One year. Just one more. I sat down at the table and that seemed to break the spell and chaos broke out. I sat calmly through this not moving just staring straight ahead. Someone threw something and I dodged looking around I saw a small creature hurried to pick it up. I cleared my throat and the creature jumped up.

"I'll get that," I said softly and the creature bowed its head and disappeared. I picked up the glass even as it cut my hands, and under all the glass was a piece of paper I stared at the words on the page before pocketing everything glass in all. By then Dumbledore had gotten everyone calm and the food had appeared. I was about to dig in when chaos broke out again. Uhh! What now! I thought my patience thinned.

"No way you're Percy Jackson!" A ghost exclaiming speeding this way. Suddenly Snape stood up sharply the ghost's eyes snapped to Snapes along with everyone else's.

"Peeves, I believe that we have had too many interruptions tonight don't you agree?" He glowered and Peeves gulped and floated away. Well, that was weird but I dug into my meal anyways. I would ask Snape about it later. 

All my old files were deleted and my laptop crashed so I'm now working on my old iPad and it is very stubborn with spell check so if I type something and it doesn't look right I am sorry *for example RavenClaw* so until I sort this out my spelling and grammer will be cringey. I'm so sorry.

🦇

Don't forget to like share add to your library and vote