Ch 1 Death

*lightly edited*

"Hello Harry, how long you've been there?" I asked coolly, I hope he hadn't heard too much. He looked at me.

"Long enough to know you're a Death Eater," He accused and Snape snarled at him,

"And how would you know that Potter?" Harry paled slightly but stood his ground

"I heard it!" I stood up, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"We were talking about the houses Harry," I said softly causing him to blush and stutter, "We're all good, my supposed Grandfather killed your family, you have a right to be angry, but try to understand that I just learned about the wizarding world today." I finished patting his shoulder, and crossed the room to lie down on my bed, 

"Now if you don't mind, I'm going to sleep." I closed my eyes. I heard footsteps cross the room, the door slamming, a bed groaning all before I slipped into dreamland.

"Percy! Percy! I'm sorry! Everything will be okay," Annabeth was bleeding in my arms, "There was nothing you could do," She coughed violently spitting out blood. I felt tears drip down my face, she reached up to cup it, "Don't cry Seaweed Brain," She cooed affectionately, "Listen to me, win this war, and move on, survive Percy, don't live but survive for me," She was racked with coughs again, "I love you seaweed brain, and I will wait for you. Live a full life, prove that the son of Poseidon can truly survive in this world." I cried harder, feeling her life slip away.

"I love you too Wise Girl," I whispered and she smiled, and it was prettier than Aphrodite's, but don't tell her that. Then she fell limp. I screamed all the water aiding my call, bending to my pain and sorrow. The water washed away the enemies, leaving our allies untouched, I heard Piper use the last of her strength to put Gaea to sleep. The water, still swirling in response to my emotions. I crouched over Annabeth and digging out a drachma I placed it in her mouth closing her eyes.

"I will always love you Wise Girl, now rest for a little, I will join you soon."

I startled awake, tears on my face. Everyone was sitting around the room trying to act natural. I chuckled at their failed attempt. I sat up

"So, what's up guys?" I asked coolly, Hermine broke first.

"Who's Annabeth?" She asked bluntly, and I held in a flinch and smiled sadly.

"She was my girlfriend. She died some time ago," I said softly, the wound might never heal, but that was okay, I was learning to work with the pain. Hermine's face went into an 'o' and everyone looked away, everyone except Ron.

"How did she die? Did you kill her?" He asked harshly. I snapped I knew there was nothing pleasant on my face by their shocked reactions.

"NO, I did not! If you want to fling accusations go right ahead, but never, NEVER accuse me of betraying her!" I roared. I took a breath and looked at their reactions and sighed placing my head in my hands. I counted slowly, 'I'm sorry wise girl, I really am trying' I thought. Then I looked up again, the pain still etched on my face, "I'm sorry that wasn't called for, No I did not kill her, but she died in my arms." I felt tears slip down my face. "Excuse me," I said standing up and leaving the room.

Alarmed voices floated down the hall after me, I walked out of the house and kept walking, eventually, I found a lake. I looked at it and then jumped in sinking to the bottom, memories flooded my brain;

the first time I saw her, 

the bus ride with the animals, 

the dam jokes, 

the underwater kiss, 

the peaceful moments, 

only having one memory, 

seeing her again, 

her judo flipping me, 

our time on the Argo II, 

falling asleep in the glass bottom stables, 

saying goodbye, 

falling into Tartarus, 

meeting Bob and Damasen, 

Holding the doors for us, 

rushing to Camp, 

the last battle, 

her last breath, 

her last smile. 

We had a lifetime of love, in the time we had together, and I was grateful, 'I will always love you, wise girl.' I thought cheekily. I had a goofy smile on my face and I knew it. I looked at the water. Blue, like blue cookies, a symbol of diffidence, a symbol that the seemingly impossible is possible. I swam around a bit, feeling lighter. I looked around to make sure it was safe then I jumped out of the water and headed back to the house. The few times I had peace were precious moments, if I could give some to Harry it will be worth it. I fingered the worn beads as I walked. Yes. I could do this; I could give back like this.

🦇