24: Final Push

× 2 months later ×

"Namjoon we need to leave, like now." I rush Namjoon who is fumbling with his tie

"I know." He sighs and undoes his tie and starts over

I huff and go over to him smacking his hands away "Let me, you clumsy fool." I quickly do his tie and tighten it, probably a little more than necessary. "Now let's go."

On our way out the door Hoseok stops us both and hands us a file folder each and our guns, giving us both a quick peck before shoving us out of the door.

Namjoon drives while I look over the file that Hoseok gave us. When we get to our destination we have a few minutes to spare and on the elevator I fix Namjoon's tie and peck his lips.

He smiles softly and takes my hand, fingers playing with the sleeve of my jacket before he brings my hand up and kisses my palm

We get off the elevator and go into the large board room

We get off the elevator and go into the large board room. Everyone stops and turns to look at us. "Namjoon what are you doing here." His mother glances at me "What are you doing here, this is a board meeting, you are not a board member."

"As my wife she is now a board member by default."

There is a collective gasp around the room and Namjoon's mother looks appalled and angry "You married this whore!?"

Namjoon takes a deep breath "Yes I did. And for the last time mother, she is not a whore and it would be nice if you would show my wife the same respect she has always shown you despite your nasty behavior towards her."

"Namjoon can you just tell us why you are here please." His father steps in.

Namjoon nods to me and I open the folder Hoseok gave me and start handing out the packet of papers to each board member "Well when I was going through the finances a few months ago, something wasn't adding up and I couldn't figure out where it was. So I had some people look into it and it turns out that over the past ten years you and mother have embezzled over 15 billion won from your own company."