56 | wild night

Two days later, Violet insists that all of us go out to celebrate Gray and I getting back together. Gray offers to make dinner reservations on the boardwalk, but Violet and Tommy indicate that they have a different idea in mind.

Gray and I spend the whole day together, hanging out with Gracie and stealing kisses when she's not looking. When the sun sets, Gray's aunt comes over to bring her over to her house to watch for the night. Gray and I find ourselves alone in his room, getting ready.

I examine myself in his full-length mirror, tilting my head at my reflection. Taking a confident breath, I smooth down the front of my leather mini-skirt and adjust the thin straps of my slinky top.

Gray comes up behind me, snaking his hands around the exposed skin of my waist. I tilt my head further to the side as he leans down to kiss my neck. "We don't have to go out tonight, babe. As sexy as you look in that outfit, all I can think about is getting you out of it," he murmurs into my skin, sending a pleasurable chill throughout my body.

I lock eyes with him in the mirror. "As tempting as that sounds, we promised we'd hang out with them tonight. We can't be late."

His kisses become slower, more alluring. His fingertips tease at the hem of my skirt. "Are you sure? I could take you right here, right now and have you screaming my na--"

"I'm sure," I say, turning to face him. "But I like the enthusiasm. Save it for the club."

Gray grins at me, playing with the back of my shirt. "Fine. But if you change your mind in the middle of the night, we can test just how soundproof the club's bathroom walls are."

I raise my eyebrow seductively, deciding to entertain this idea for a few seconds. "And if they aren't soundproof at all?"

He kisses the area just in front of my ear. "Then my hand over your mouth should keep you quiet enough," he whispers. I breathe softly, picturing that scenario in my mind. I'm about to give in and make us a few minutes late, when Gray pulls away from me and picks up his leather jacket from the bed.

"Time to go, babe," he says with a teasing look in his eyes. He knows he just blue-balled me. "Like you said, we can't be late."

I cast him a playfully spiteful look and follow him out of his room and into the elevator. "Do you get off on teasing me like this?"

"Look below my belt and answer that question for yourself," he says. I shake my head, smiling, and intentionally keep my gaze from landing on his crotch. I know that if I see just how turned on he is, I won't be able ot stop myself from dragging him back up to the penthouse and taking him up on his offer.

Gray helps me into the passenger side of his new car: a matte grey 2020 Corvette C8. I went with him to pick it out yesterday and chose the color grey to match his eyes. He was amused by the reason for my decision but agreed with it nonetheless. Honestly, I think this new car is much sexier than his old one.

After Gray leaves his car with a valet across the street from the club, I spot Violet and Tommy already waiting for us. They're talking next to a long line of people waiting to get in. From where I'm standing the line seems to stretch around the block. Gray links my hand with his and we walk across the busy street to join them.

Violet lights up when she sees us. She gives us both a hug, then makes me stand back from her as she examines my outfit. "Holy shit, Riv. You look hot as fuck," she gasps, feeling the thin material of my top. She takes in my makeup and hair, and her eyes gleam. "Bro, I think I want to fuck you right now."

"I know," I say, doing a dramatic spin for her. Gray and Tommy do one of those bro hugs, and they start talking about Gray's new car, saying something about a race two nights from now.