Never meet your Idols

To say Izuku's life was shit would be an understatement.

It was quite literally the worst and you couldn't convince him otherwise. To put it bluntly, Izuku was quirkless. Being born in a world where superpowers exist and not having one was a death wish. It also didn't help that he wanted to be a hero.

But Izuku always drew the short straw in life huh?

Picture this, a little boy with green hair sits with his mother (who has equally green hair) in a doctors office. The little boy bounces up and down on his chair, gripping onto a figurine of a buff man. If you couldn't already tell, this little boy is Izuku. But alas, this innocent seeming day would be stuck with Izuku for years to come.

"Give up." The doctor said Sharply. "You don't have a quirk, you'll just get yourself killed." Tears leaked from his eyes while his mother talked with the doctor once again.

Now don't get me wrong, Izuku trained as much as he could. He always ran around the block and helped carry heavy groceries. In the future though, he would clean up Dagobah beach as a form of exercise.

But sadly, this was just the beginning of a life of struggles.

Fast forward a few years, Izuku's in junior high. The kid he grew up with now his main bully, yelling at him for just daring to apply to U.A. If you didn't already know, U.A is a prestigious school that pumps out heroes like All Might, the current number one hero.

Izuku sighs as he listens to the taunts that Bakugou sends to him... which obviously wasn't a good idea because he was now even angered than before. Although, instead of Bakugou McSploading his shoulder he grabs his notebook and grows it out the window.

Bitch. Izuku thought.

Before Bakugou left though, he paused in his tracks, smirking over his shoulder.

"If you want to get a quirk, I have a time saving trick for you! Take a swan dive off the roof and pray that you'll get a quirk in your next life!"

With that, Bakugou leaves, lackies following him as he stomped his way through the door. Izuku just gathered his things and went to the koi pond that was currently holding his notebook.

Now, while some people wouldn't care much about their notebook being drenched, Izuku was just pissed. His books were filled with quirk analysis that was long since written in code. But now it was near impossible to read because of course it was.

Izuku just wanted to smash his head against the bricks of the koi pond. He just lost hours of work because of Baka-gou. Izuku tried to dry his book as much as he could before stopping his way through the tunnel he usually takes on his way home.

All was peaceful before the fire nation walking jelly attacked him from behind. Izuku clawed at the liquid that was covering his mouth as it forced itself down his throat.

Where's the consent dude!? Izuku thought as breathing got harder and harder. The last thing he saw before he blacked out was the silhouette of a buff bunny.

—-

The first thing Izuku registered as he woke up was the consistent tapping in his cheek. Next he realised that the person slapping him was All Might himself. Izuku's inner fanboy went berserk as fully woke up from his near death experience.

"Ah," All Might began, "I thought I'd lost you there. But never fear because I am here!"

Ok, Izuku was officially dead. Frantically he searched for his notebook. He just had to get a signature from him.

"Looking for this young man?" All Might asked. "I've already signed it! Now that I'm sure that you're alive, I shall be off! Until next time, citizens!"

"Wait!" Izuku cried out. "I just want to ask you a question. Do you think that someone quirkless like me can be a hero?"

All Might paused for a moment in thought.

"No. It is simply too dangerous for someone quirkless to become a hero. It's nice to dream and all, but you need to be realistic. Maybe try being a paramedic or a police officer. Sure, they aren't as respected as heroes but at least you would be helping."

With that, All Might yeeted himself away from the conversation. Leaving Izuku there to process what had just occurred.

Oh.

.

.

.

Oh.

Of course All Might said no. Honestly, what had he expected? Everyone else told him to give up. Even his own mother (Who had long since left him to his own devices)! His father left, his best friend raised his hands against him, his classmates talked behind his back and his teachers did nothing about it. But who said that Izuku still wouldn't be a hero?

After all, spire is a great motivator.

𝗥𝗲-𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝟬𝟭/𝟬𝟱/𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭 𝗦𝗶𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗮𝗿𝘆!