Obstacle race

As soon as present mic signalled the start of the race Izuku was off in a flash. He was lucky that he got out fast because Todoroki decided to freeze the entrance. His boots were doing wonders. Hatsume had also snuck into the presenter's booth and rigged it so whenever they talked about his gear it would scream made by Hatsume industries. It was truly hilarious. So far Izuku was in third. He was just behind Todoroki and Bakugou. Soon enough they came to the first official obstacle.

Todoroki was first to make it, freezing the robots in place. Only Izuku could see that he had frozen them off balance. Izuku reached onto his makeshift utility belt and grabbed his grappling hook. Carefully he took aim for the top of the robot's head, hooking it he zoomed over them. It looked epic. Izuku could practically hear Hatsume cackling.

After some running Izuku makes it to the next obstacle, the pit. He could already see Todoroki skating across it on his ice, making it higher to prevent others from using it. He and Bakugou were neck and neck. Bakugou sweating like mad just to keep up. Meanwhile Izuku was practically sprinting across the wires. He had learned some parkour while training for the entrance exam. He mainly worked on balance and speed, so this was right up his alley.

While Izuku was running he could faintly hear the curses of Bakugou over his overwhelmingly loud explosions. He could never get used to them, no matter how much it changed. Izuku was still scared. Focus Izuku! He screamed at himself mentally. He could feel the panic attack starting, but he needed to push though. Just this once. Then he can spend as long as he needed to you know panic. Soon enough Izuku made it to the other side of the pit.

Todoroki and Bakugou were far ahead but avoiding touching the ground. The obnoxious signs caught his attention. "Danger mines" It read. God Izuku had a stupid idea, but most of his ideas were stupid. He wiped a tear from his eye when he remembered his knifches. He missed them so much!

So, Izuku got to work on digging up the mines near the start. After digging twenty or so mines and piling them up, he takes a running start and jumps onto the mines. Of course, the mines weren't designed to blow up too much but a lot of them together makes a big boom. He was lucky that he had Mei blast-proof his boots otherwise they would be screwed.

Thanks to the explosion Izuku quickly caught up with his opponents. Quickly he realised he didn't know how to land so in the spur of the moment he grabbed his staff and wacked it on the ground when he neared Todoroki and Bakugou.

As the staff made contact with the ground Bakugou and Todoroki were half blinded and half surprised by the sudden gust of pink smoke. While they were still in their daze Izuku made into a sprint towards the finish line. He didn't want to mess things up now. He was too close to the end now. He couldn't give up.

So, he ran. He ran with all his might, sprinting as fast as he could. Feet pounding, head racing. Rushing out the finishing tunnel, he was greeted with the harsh rays of the sun. As his vision clears his feet cross the line.

"AND IN FISRT PLACE IS IZUKU MIDORIYA!" Hizashi yelled.

He had done it. He, the quirkless Deku placed first in the event. He smiled. He genuinely smiled. It had been too long since he smiled like this. Tears pricked his eyes, threatening to spill over.

He was no longer the quirkless, useless Deku that he was 12 months ago.

He was quirkless and proud.

Hey I got a discord server

https://discord.gg/VW4zSEe