Chapter 1 - The Party

A/N: Hi everybody! Before you read this story (if you can even call it that) I just wanted to mention that I was 14 when I wrote this. I am trying to get back into the process of editing the chapters, but for now excuse any cringy af stuff that you may come across, I WAS 14 OKAY LEAVE ME BE

Alright, happy reading.

***

I looked blankly in the mirror at my tight black dress that to be quite honest, looked like a top that I'd tried to pull down really far.

"Don't you look cute right?!" My best friend Kayla squealed.

"No, I look like I'm being choked in a bin bag." I said glumly still looking at myself. Kayla had done my make-up and hair nice and I did like it a little but I wasn't in the mood.

"Kayla I told you, I don't want to party. I just want to stay up here in my room so we can just chill." I told her sternly.

She looked horrified." Are you kidding me?" She burst out into a hyena type of laugh, which made me even more irritated. "No. Do you think I'm going to that party alone?! Of course not. You're coming. It's not like we're even that far from it."

Kayla tugged at my wrist and began to pull me down the stairs. We were there. It was a house party, hosted by my older brother Cameron. Our parents were out for the weekend and what not a better time to organise a secret house party without them knowing. I didn't care, this was Cam's mess, not mine. We arrived down to the swarm of people, some who I recognised and dubstep music banging in my ears.

Cam walked past and saw Kayla and I, looking puzzled yet highly irritated such as me. "What the f*ck are you doing down here?! Get back upstairs!" He hissed.

He'd strictly instructed me that I was not to attend his party nor gate-crash it or to even come downstairs.

"Well, we tried." I pretended to sigh, attempting to pull Kayla back up the stairs.

"Hold on." She said and forcefully released her arm from me. "If you don't let us into the party, I guess I'll just have call your parents and tell them all about this, won't I?" She smirked and raised her eyebrows before smiling sweetly. Kayla was always like this, I wish she wasn't because then I wouldn't have to be here in the first place.

He clenched his fists. "Fine! But don't talk to anyone and certainly don't drink any alcohol." He stormed off.

I don't think Cam would have been particularly concerned if we did drink alcohol even though both Kayla and I were only sixteen, he was just worried that we'd have too much and therefore waste it rather than letting his friends drink it. Which I think is ridiculous because if you're going to worry about someone drinking too much alcohol, it's obviously for health reasons, not for wasting it on themselves. Kayla soon got attached to her surroundings and ran off, grabbing me with her.

"Kayla!" I whined. I hated it already. The sea of sweaty bodies, the ringing of the music and the unmistakeable noise of people already throwing up in the bathroom. I could tell Kayla had already spotted the alcohol and was weaving through people to get there, still locked to me.

Cam stopped us before we could get any closer to the alcohol. "I got you guys both drinks." He smiled and Kayla grabbed the red cup faster than I could blink.

"Awh, thanks Cam!" She giggled softly, trying to flirt before starting to drink. She spat it right out. "Eww! What the f*ck! This is f*cking water!" She shrieked.

Cam started laughing his head off. "I'm not f*cking wasting my alcohol on you!" He laughed more.

I could already tell he was drunk.

I was getting so heated in all the bodies and I needed to get away. Kayla had disowned herself away from me because some guys in Cam's class had started to give her some attention and she was loving it. I didn't like being alone but I didn't want to stand by her to hear her rambling on about her interests and how big her boobs were. Walking over to the drinks, I decided to have one. I needed one. I owed myself a drink. Without hesitation I solemnly opened a can of beer, taking a sip of it. God it felt so good. I carried it around with me and decided to walk around on my own incase I found someone I knew that I could comfortably talk to. I turned a corner to see Jack Gilinksy, the Jack Gilinsky; one of my brothers closest friends. What was he doing here? Just over a year ago we had a thing for each other. Cam would invite him round a lot. We just clicked although we were never official. We made out a couple of times and he told me he loved me but looking back it probably meant nothing. His parents split up and he moved away to Orlando with his mom, but she got in trouble with the police and now he's back here living with his dad. I'd convinced myself he was a player and from one glance you could already tell he was. Of course he had another girl hanging onto his arm. It was a blonde with sharp pink lips and clearly too much eye make-up. Quite frankly she looked no different to a Barbie doll. Kayla finally caught up with me, it didn't take her long to notice Jack.

"Is that the Jack Gilinsky?" She gasped, glueing her eyes to him.

"Yes." I sighed. "It's the Jack Gilinsky." I said rolling my eyes. "So?"

"When was the last time you saw him?" She said, folding her arms as if we were having a casual conversation, still looking at Jack.

I knew the answer but I didn't feel like talking about Jack anymore, so I just shrugged instead to brush her off. When me and Jack had our 'thing' I was fifteen and he was sixteen. Cam's two years older than me so he was seventeen at the time. Now a year later, I haven't seen Jack since our 'thing', which I'm glad about. It would be far too awkward if we actually ever talked. I felt sick just thinking about it.