Chapter 4 | Irresistible

🌻Juliana's POV🌻

We were maybe halfway to Sodapop's house, when he stopped.
"What?" I asked. He crouched down, and let go of my hands.
"Get on my shoulders."
"What if I fall??"
"You won't! Just trust me." he said. I complied, and put my legs over his shoulders. He slowly stood up as he grabbed my hands again. I screamed a little once I thought I was losing balance, and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Juliana, it's okay! I'm not gonna let you fall." he assured me. I started to calm down, and let him carry me. I looked behind us and saw the rest of the boys. Darry looked frustrated, and I looked at Steve, who was staring at us, but he looked away as soon as our eyes met. He looked jealous. But how could he be jealous? He didn't even know me! But then again, I barely knew any of these boys and I was already entering their house, not knowing what their intentions with me were. Once we arrived at the house, I ducked down so my head wouldn't hit the doorway, and once I looked up, we were inside. Sodapop walked over to the couch and leaned back as he let go of me, making me fall onto the couch.
"Hey!" I exclaimed, laughing a little. He turned around and started tickling me. I started laughing until my face turned red. The other boys walked in, and Ponyboy snickered.
"Sodapop, that's enough. You're gonna make her laugh until she passes out." Darry said.
"Awww." Sodapop and I both whined in disappointment. We sat on the couch normally, and Steve and Two-Bit both ran into the kitchen.
"Get behind me." Sodapop muttered.
"Why?"
"Unless you wanna get sticky, do it." He scooted up a little, and I slid behind him. Soon enough, both boys rushed in with handfuls of cake. Of course, they got me anyway. They got Sodapop too. "You little-" he started, and got up and started chasing them. I just got up and went into the kitchen where Darry was.
"Um, where's the bathroom?" I asked. Darry looked at a door in the dining room, and signaled towards it. I looked over, and saw what he was looking at. "Thank you!" I said, as I walked to the bathroom.
"Of course." Darry replied. I walked in, and started to splash my face with water. Next thing I knew, Dallas walked up to the doorway.
"Hey, doll. I don't think we've had a proper introduction. I'm Dallas Winston, known for-"
"Breaking the law all the time? Yeah, I know." I interrupted him.
"How'd you know?"
"I heard some conversations during my walk around town that just so happened to be about you."
"Well now you're getting to meet me in person. It's your lucky day."
"Not really. I've had better days." I told him. I could hear Ponyboy laughing in the background. He walked up, and looked at Dallas.
"Leave her alone, Dal. She's clearly not interested in you."
"Whatever, kid." Dallas said, and walked off.
"I'm sorry about him, Jill. He has zero manners whatsoever."
"It's alright. I've had to deal with plenty of guys like him back home. In fact, I dated one."
"Jeez, must've been one hard relationship." Ponyboy remarked. That made me laugh.
"You're not wrong." I told him as I washed the cake out of my hair. "The relationship just got too difficult to stay in, so I broke up with him. But he started to get abusive, and he had hit me several times, but then my guy best friend popped in and he ended up beating my ex's ass. It was pretty fun to watch."
"Well dang. I don't know how anyone could hurt you. You're so sweet and funny."
"Aw, thank you, Ponyboy. You're a good guy. I've got a lot of respect for you, even though you're probably younger than me. But I'm glad there's someone like you around here." I said, and ruffled his hair, making him grin. I grinned too, and walked out of the bathroom. I could see Steve on the couch, eating a handful of cake he must've gotten while I was cleaning up. He had chocolate all over his face. I personally thought that was adorable. I couldn't stop staring at him. He was irresistible.