Chapter 35 | Repeat

🌻Juliana's POV🌻

I had gotten to Two-Bit's house pretty quickly, and once I had spilled everything to him, he started to comfort me, and tell me that maybe what I had seen wasn't all that had happened.

"What if Steve just had a delayed reaction? That's possible, isn't it?" he asked me, sitting next to me with his arm around me. I had given it a little thought and figured that he could be right.
"I guess. I hadn't looked at them for very long before I split, so maybe he did just have a delayed reaction."
Two-Bit and I kept talking about it for maybe an hour and a half, possibly longer, before we heard a knock on the door that sounded rather worrying.

Steve.

Two-Bit answered it while I stayed in the bedroom. I heard muffled voices, and the door shut before Two-Bit came back to the bedroom. But he didn't say anything, as Steve was right behind him. I looked at him for a split second, before facing away from him, not wanting to be heartbroken any more than I already was.
"Juliana..." Steve began softly. "It's not what you think. Please, just hear me out. I promise it's really not what it seemed." I didn't speak but gave him a little side look, showing that he had my attention and that I was giving him some time to explain. He sat on the other side of me. Two-Bit stayed where he was in case he needed to be my emotional support again. "She came onto me, and when I tried to tell her that I was in a happy relationship, she cut me off by kissing me. I was taken aback and it took me a second to react. I'm so sorry. I would've reacted sooner but I was in shock, and my mind was just trying to process what was happening. I didn't mean for it to look like I was actually letting her do that. I shoved her off, but Soda told me you had already run away before I did. He said he tried to stop you, but you were already halfway out the door, and you wouldn't listen. I promise you, I wasn't trying to hurt you. I wasn't trying to do that to you. I just had a delayed reaction, but when I finally did react, it was because the only person that I would ever want to kiss is you. No other girl means anything to me. You're the only one that means everything. Baby, I know what you saw hurt you, but it's not what was really going on. I mean, hell, Jilly, I wouldn't say everything I've said to you just to hear myself talk. Every time I told you I love you, and that I'd never intentionally hurt you, I meant it. Everything I'm saying right now, I mean it. I do love you, Juliana. I always have and I always will. Please, don't leave me." That. That right there. That pitiful voice, the tears in those cornflower eyes, the pleading look on his face. All of it made me realize that I was just being ridiculous. Why did I ever think that Steve would do that to me?? I felt really stupid right then. I started tearing up again, and I instantly hugged him, hoping that would assure him that I was staying with him.
"You don't know how close I was to beating the hell out of you, man," Two-Bit said. Steve sighed guiltily and hugged me tighter.
"I know, and I'm sorry. I feel so bad. I hurt you."
"You didn't," I said, my voice muffled in Steve's chest, "She did." I believed Steve. I knew the girls around here, especially the snake ass Socs. I knew they would try to sabotage guys' relationships just to get a kick out of it. It made me mad. How could anyone get enjoyment out of that? It was sad, and ridiculous if you ask me. I hated every single girl in this town, well, except for Cherry Valance and her friend Marcia. They were the only decent girls. They were sweet and really supportive, and they never got kicks out of ruining other people's relationships. Everybody else seemed like douchebags.
"I'll have Soda take in the girls' cars so it doesn't happen again, okay?"
"Alright," I mumbled, not wanting to move now. He knew I didn't want to walk, so he just carried me as he left. He stopped at the front door to say bye to Two-Bit.
"You coming to the Curtis' later?" he asked.
"Yeah, after Mom gets home so she can deal with Kim."
"Where is Kimberly?" I asked.
"She's taking a nap. You be safe, alright? If you ever need anything, just come to me."
"Okay. Thank you, Two-Biiit." I said, reaching my hand out towards him. He held it for a moment and smiled at me before letting go, and patting Steve on the shoulder.
"See ya, man. Don't hurt her or I'll put you six feet into the ground."
"I know, I know," Steve said. "I'll see you later." And with that, we left. I looked to the driveway to see Steve's car, but Soda was in the driver's seat, looking down. Steve got in the back, setting me down next to him. Soda looked behind him at us, relieved.
"Thank God. Scared the hell out of me, you know. I thought you ran off for good." he told me, smiling a little.
"I couldn't do that. I can't live without you guys, you know that." I said. "Why would I leave y'all when you've given me comfort and love when I needed it?"

"Okay you have a good point." Soda said, and left the driveway, starting back towards the house. I laid my head on Steve's shoulder and intertwined his fingers with mine. I honestly felt like everything was on repeat, so I wondered, what's gonna happen next?