Chapter 19 | Stuck

🌻Juliana's POV🌻

We had stopped. I still wanted to know who had taken me. They weren't smart enough to tie me up, apparently. I had taken the sack off once I was thrown in. It was dark, cold. I thought I would never see the light of day again, until the trunk was opened. Evie. I knew it!! I was about to tell her off, but then she held a blade against my throat.
"If I hear a peep out of you, it's game over." she muttered. I knew she could kill me. I knew she would kill me. Nothing would've stopped her, and I knew why she was doing this. She was jealous ever since she saw me talking to Steve that day, and her hatred for me only grew as she found out we were together. She wanted revenge. She wanted me out of the picture.

She slammed the trunk closed again, and did whatever she needed to do. When she was about to get back in the car, I heard a voice. A voice that made me perk a little.
"Have you seen Juliana?" the voice asked Evie. Steve!! I wanted to yell and bang on the truck and say I was in here, but I knew what Evie would do to me. She'd kill me before Steve had a chance to get to me. I stayed quiet, but I started silently crying, wanting to be in Steve's arms again. I guess I had cried myself to sleep, because the trunk opened, and we were in a completely different area. It was an open field. Not a very smart decision. I could see the town maybe 5-10 miles away. We could've easily been seen by someone going in or leaving town. She dragged me inside an abandoned house. We weren't very far from the road. I tried struggling as I did earlier, but I had no luck. She was too strong. She chained me against the wall, and sat in an old chair in front of me.
"You knew to stay away from him." she said. "You knew better than to take him from me."
"I didn't try to take him." I opposed, snappy. "And it ain't my fault Steve doesn't wanna be with a psycho." The second I finished my sentence, she stood up and slugged me right across the cheek, her sapphire ring slicing it. I wanted to cover my cheek, but my hands were behind my back.
"Before you came along, Steve and I were happy. We were in love. But then you, Little Miss Perfect, arrived to town, and tricked him into leaving me for you." she got in my face, and pointed her blade back to my throat. "Now I'm gonna get him back. And you can't stop me." She wasn't smart enough to tie my legs down, because I kicked her in the chest, making her fall back. But that wasn't a smart decision on my end. She hit me again, but this time with the hand without rings. I could feel my cheek forming a bruise already. If only I had my pistol, which I had left in my room. Evie had soon left me alone in the house. She was going to find Steve. I knew she was. She wanted him, and she was going to do everything in her power to force him to stay with her. I looked around me for anything I could use to break out, as I tried to yank the chains from the wall. It hurt my wrists, but I had to get out somehow. I started to wonder how long she would keep me here, if she would even let me eat, and if I'd ever be able to see anyone in the gang again. My own thoughts scared me. As I kept trying to break the chains, I started crying again. I know what you're probably thinking. 'You're such a crybaby'. I thought I would never see my friends again. I thought I would never see my boyfriend again. That's a scary thought. There was nothing that would stop me from trying to get out. My fear kept getting the best of me. I kept looking around me. I was praying for something, or someone, to get me out of this place. It looked like it had been cleaned up. I could then tell that she had been planning this for a while. She just had to find the right time, and she had found it. I found nothing that could get me out. I was stuck.