Chapter 10

*Continuing*

*Izzy's POV*

We drove back accompanied by small talk and Khalid playing in the background. When we pulled up to Mattia's house, Ale and Liv went to go get their bags from the house and left almost immediately leaving Mattia and I alone for the first time since we left for the prom. 

"What you wanna do now Tia ?"

"I actually kinda wanna speak to you something." He looked nervous as he said that, playing with his fingers and not looking at me.

"Tia, what's up ?" I giggled cause I have never seen him like this before.

"It's about us Izz." 

I was silent,looking at him, waiting for him to continue.

"You know how I feel about you. I'm so in love with you and have been for so long and it honestly feels like I'm dreaming now that I know that you love me too. I want you Izz. I've wanted you for forever and now that I finally have a chance, I wanna do this right and not let a relationship mess up our friendship. We are forever, we belong together, we both know this. I know your scared to get into a relationship, especially with me but I don't want you to be with anyone else, it will honestly kill me if I let you slip through my fingers."

I was mesmerized by his words, I knew he meant every word but I was still so scared of that small possibility that we would never work out and I would lose him forever. We were both silent as I made my decision.

"I want to take this slow, no rushing into anything. I love you and I want to make this work. We have to start from the beginning though, the whole talking stage and then when we're both ready we can make it official because I don't want to rush into anything. Not with you. But can we both make a promise to each other ?" I finally replied.

"Of course."

"Promise that we never break each other's hearts." I looked deep into his eyes as I said this.

"I wouldn't ever dream of it."

I held out my pinky and he copied my actions and we secured the promise. I beamed at him kissed him. He kissed me back, making the kiss even deeper as I climbed onto his lap. As the kiss got more heated, he pulled away quickly and gently pushed me off him as he started walking away from me. He turned around to face me, both of us breathing heavily.

"No no no, you said you don't want to rush into anything so we should stop." He said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Um, yeah your right." I agreed. "I should go."

"Want me to walk you over ?"

"Tia, I live next to you." I said, giggling at his clinginess.

"Yes, I know but I still wanna be around you."

"Okay fine, I'll stay for another 20 minutes."

Mattia smiled at me and tackled me onto the couch as I laughed at his excited attitude.

"We need to have some rules about this Tia" I said after he calmed down and finished attacking me with kisses.

"I think so too." He agreed.

"Okay, so rule number 1, we never let anyone ruin this relationship" I said.

"Yup." Mattia replied "Rule number 2, we stay the same, we tell each other everything no matter what it is."

I nodded, agreeing. "Rule number 3, if there's a problem or there's something we've heard from someone else we come to each other first before jumping to conclusions."