Chapter 21

*The same evening*

*Mattia's POV*

She shook her head at me and disappeared inside her house. I cursed loudly and went inside my house. I went to quickly check on Gianluca to find him sleeping in his bed so I went all the way downstairs to my room and flopped onto my bed on my back and rubbing my hands onto my face. My phone was in my pocket and was vibrating the whole time. I took it out and the screen read "Mar". Fuck.

"Mar, lis-" i began as I answered the call.

"No you listen Mattia. I know your mom has cancer, I know everything this is tough but it is also so tough on Bella too. You don't realise the pain she went through when our dad died and all she wanted to do is be there for you and help you get through this." Mar said, cutting me off.

"I know and I'm sorry. I'm not thinking straight at all." I replied, my voice shaking as tears fell down my face.

"You gotta fix this but give her time. She's broken right now. She completely broke down. I've never seen her like that before and I never want to see her like that again. Promise me you'll fix this Matti." Mar said softly.

"I promise. I made a mistake and I didn't realise what I was doing or saying. I was angry at everything. I hate that my mom is sick. When I went to her at the hospital she could barely speak, she was so weak and I hate that I don't have Izzy here with me right now. I need her but I'm going to give her some space." I admitted.

"Your right. Just give her space and focus on your mom too but don't take so long with coming to realise that you and Izzy are meant to be together, okay ?" 

"I already know."

Mar chuckled slightly and we said goodbye's, ending the call. I clicked on the Instagram and my heart immediately sunk. The post that Izzy had made was the first thing on my feed and the tears came again as I read the caption. I posted a comment saying :

mattia.polibio : i love you now and i'll love you forever. you will always be mine. thank you for everything princesa ❤️.

I went off the app and messaged the group explaining everything that had happened, from my mom being sick and Izzy and I breaking up. Ash messaged me privately and the boys also messaged me in the boys groupchat and I was given lecture from all three chats. Ash however was more understanding and I was grateful for her the most because even though she was Izzy's best friend she was also a very close friend of mine and I knew she understood what was happening. The other girls were giving me hell in the group chat especially Ava but the boys defended me and told them to chill. I said I would fix things for sure but I needed space and so did Izzy.

I switched off my phone and put it on charge as I went to shower and went to sleep to the scent of Izzy's perfume surrounding my room and my pillow.

                                                                                          *    *    *    *

*The next day, first day back at school*

*Izzy's POV*

My alarm woke me up at 6:20 and I rolled over to switch it off and scrolled through the notifications I had gotten. I saw that there were an insane amount of message from the girls, the boys and the group. I opened the group chat and read through the messages. I sighed as I knew what consisted of the other messages that I had gotten. I clicked on the Instagram app and went onto the post that I had posted yesterday to delete it before I read the one comment that stood out the most. Mattia's. I stared at it before I exited the app, not deleting the post and replied to all the boys and girls and rolled out of bed. Mattia is NOT going to ruin my mood for the rest of the year and if he thinks I'm going to take him back just like that he is very much mistaken. Of course I did still want to be with him but it would take some time, especially since everything that was happening was too much. But I missed him and his small cuddles in the morning. I snapped out of it and brushed my teeth and finished the rest of my morning routine.