Chapter 20

*Skip to leaving Italy*

*Izzy's POV*

Sofia and Luca woke us up at 9am so we could get ready and packed up fro the airport. Today we were leaving Italy and I was more sad than happy to leave and see the group again. We had been gone for two and a half weeks and I did miss them but I was sad to be leaving Mattia's family and this beautiful country behind. After the wedding the newly weds had left a day later for their honeymoon and were now in Spain. Yesterday we had gone to the Juventus game and Mattia's voice was now almost gone due to the amount of shouting he had done at the game. I had laughed way too hard at his reactions and in the end Juventus had won so I was glad to be going home with a happy Mattia.

Mattia and I packed up the last few things that were in our room and left to go to the kitchen to say our goodbye's to everyone.

"Take care of yourself mi amor." Mattia's Nonna said to me as I pulled away from our long embrace.

"You too Nonna, thank you for everything." I replied, my eyes brimming with tears again.

She kissed my head and we all got into the car after Mattia hugged his Nonna and she whispered something to him making him smile. The car ride was short but it was filled with laughter and conversation. We got to the airport and unloaded the car with our luggage and went to go and check in before walking to our assigned gate. We got onto the plane and I didn't realise how tired I actually was before I sat down in the comfortable business class seats. I fell asleep as soon as the plane took off and slept the entire 12 hours.

I felt someone shake me gently and woke up to Mattia saying that we were about to land so I had to sit up. We landed and got off, collecting our luggage and making our way to the entrance where my mom and Mar would be waiting. I was walking with Sofia and Mattia was walking behind us with his father and brother. 

"How was the flight for you Tia ?" I asked Sofia.

"It was good, I just don't feel that good." She replied, making me look at her. Her face was pale and she seemed extremely weak.

"Just hold onto my hand and balance on me, try to sleep in the car ride, okay ?" I said.

She nodded and grasped onto my hand, trying not to look too suspicious to the Mattia walking behind us.

"We're almost there Tia, just ha..." I began as we walked through the arrivals exit and saw my mom and brother, "Tia !" I said loudly.

Sofia had fainted, almost dropping to the floor as Luca caught her quickly. 

"Mama ? Mama ?" Mattia said as he ran towards the scene.

"Sofia !" I heard my mother shout as both her and Mar came running to help.

"I need to take her to the hospital, Maria call the hospital in advance please, tell them what happened and say we are on our way." Luca said as he picked up Sofia.

"Okay, I'l drive you guys and Mar order an uber and get the rest home, please." My mom said, turning to Mar.

"Yes Ma, guys come on let's go." He said as he turned to us.

I nodded and took Gianluca's hand while Mattia followed us, in a confused daze.

"Baby, come on, she's gonna be fine okay." I said, not really believing myself.

Mattia glanced at me and nodded as we all got into the uber. We drove in silence while Mattia stared out of the window, Gianluca stared straight ahead and the guilt eating me up inside.

We finally got to my house and I told Mar to take my luggage in and put it in myroom and that I would be over at Mattia's house. He nodded and I had to carry Gianluca seeing that he had fallen asleep halfway through the drive and ran in the rain towards the house. I went straight upstairs to lay Gianluca on his bed and came back downstairs to see Mattia with his head in his hands sitting on the couch. The guilt that I knew exactly why Sofia had fainted and what she was diagnosed with kept bruning inside me but I knew I couldn't tell him.