Chapter 23

*The next day*

*Izzy's POV*

Today was the day I was going to see Sofia and  was excited but also nervous. I didn't know how I would react to the state she would be in. After Mattia left last night, my heart was happy. Even though the break up was still recent and I had done my absolute best to avoid him, I had missed him so much and seeing him just made my love for him deepen. 

First I had to get to school before the hospital so I got up, showered and did my morning routine in the bathroom. Once I was done, I put on a little makeup and straightened my hair. Ever since the day after the break up I had shown up to school looking really rough but today I decided to put in some effort so I got dressed into :

 Ever since the day after the break up I had shown up to school looking really rough but today I decided to put in some effort so I got dressed into :

I sprayed some of my perfume on and went downstairs. 

"Morning sis." Mar said.

"Morning Ma- Oh hey, morning Tia." I said as I looked up from my phone to greet Mar but instead saw Mattia sitting on one of the kitchen stools, facing Mar.

"Morning Izzy." He replied with a small smile.

"You finally got dressed properly." Mar said, making me laugh.

"Yeah but you look gorg- um great." Mattia added.

"Thanks" I said with a shy smile.

"So I was thinking that since we're going to be going to the hospital straight from school, I might as well give you a lift so you don't waste your gas." Mattia said.

"Um, yeah that makes more sense. But what about the grou-" I replied.

"Already told them." Mattia cut in.

I smiled and nodded before walking to the fridge and getting a bottle of water out, chuckin Mattia and Mar one too. Mattia knew that I didn't want any questions to be asked from the group when we both arrived at school in the same car. Of course we couldn't stop the rest of the school asking questions among themselves but the group obviously had to know either way.

I stole a piece of Mar's toast while he wasn't looking before running out the door and into Mattia's car with Mattia, laughing together as we drove to school. The car ride consisted of music blaring through the speakers and conversation and laughter filling the vehicle. 

We got out as soon as Mattia parked and walked side by side to the group who was waiting for us near the entrance of the school outside.

*Skip to the end of the day*

I met Mattia at his car and got in, Mattia was already waiting for me in his car, music playing softly in the background. I got in and cast a quick smile at him which he returned immediately before driving out of the school and towards the hospital's direction.

After 10 minutes, we finally arrived, parked and headed for the entrance. The receptionist immediately recognized Mattia and smiled at me as we walked past, Mattia leading the way to the room that his mother was in. We reached a cream colored door which had a square shaped window on the top half. Mattia knocked on the door twice before entering and I followed him nervously, fiddling with my fingers as I followed him inside.