Chapter 3 - Coffee & Confessions

When you both got to the outside of your apartment you stumbled to unlock your door.

"Here, let me," he said in a patient voice grabbing the key from your hand and unlocking the door.

"A man who knows how to put the key into a lock. I like it." You mischievously smiled.

Spencer immediately dropped the keys before he even had a chance to turn the doorknob.

"J-just go inside." You laughed and entered your apartment feeling the wood floor on your bare feet.

"I'm just teasing you spaz."

"Are you going to be okay alone?" He asked sounding concerned.

You frowned, "You're leaving?"

"Well yes, I can't just-"

"Nope, you're coming." Pulling him by the arms, you shut the door behind him and locked it. He was hesitant but agreed to stay until you got into bed safely, he couldn't leave you alone right now. You turned to face your room and began unbuttoning your blouse.

"Y/N, what are you doing..."

"Well, I can't just get into bed with all of my clothes on silly."

"I know but... here?"

"What? Do you not want to look at me?" You began to inch towards him. "You don't want to see me standing in my underwear in front of you." Your top was slightly unbuttoned so your cleavage was visible. Spencer gulped not knowing how to react. You wrapped your arms around his neck staring deep into his eyes. He locked his eyes onto your face but pulled away before he allowed his hands to rest on your body.

"Y/N you're not thinking straight right now, you're drunk."

You rolled your eyes. "I'm not even that drunk but whatever." You said right before you tripped on your own feet nearly falling flat on your face if Spencer hadn't caught you by your arm. Looking at you with an I-told-you-so face he guided you to your room and searched through your drawers for some pajamas, praying that he doesn't open the wrong drawer and make an unwanted discovery. He settled on a white t-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants, he's seen you wear these on overnight cases so you must've liked them. He threw the clothes onto your bed.

"Change." He left the room shutting your door behind him. After throwing your uncomfortable work attire off you unhooked your bra and dramatically tossed it on the floor. Putting your PJs on, you immediately jumped into your bed.

"Y/N are you done? Y/N?" He shouted from the other side of the door. "Y/N you better be decent I'm coming in." He turned the knob with his eyes half-closed to find you sprawled across your bed already knocked out. He smiled to himself and turned to leave.

"Stay." He turned his head back around. "Please, I don't want to be alone." 

He sighed and walked over to the side of your bed and crawled in beside you. Physical affection wasn't weird among the team, well except for Hotch, hugs were a rare occasion with him. But otherwise, you and the rest of the team would hug, cuddle, all of the above. However, this time was a bit different, he wasn't sure what your next move would be or if you would try anything. You wrapped your arms around his arm that was closest to you and instantaneously fell asleep.

...

The next morning you awoke to the sound of your 9 am alarm ringing. You still set alarms on your days off because you knew if you didn't you'd end up sleeping past noon. Before you even had the chance to process the fact that you were awake you felt your temples pulsating with pain. Your eyes shut immediately because of the rays of sunshine coming through your blinds. Ugh, what the hell.