Chapter 13 - Lovers' Quarrel

After that night with Spencer, you guys once again drifted apart for days. You didn't understand why he kept doing this. If he truly wanted to stop what was going on between you and distance himself, he would've done it already. But he seemed to make his way back to you with his sexual advances. 

You liked messing around with him but you didn't like being messed around with. 

You've tried to confront him but he would tell you that work was piling up especially the cases, and at the time you bought it.

The team got back from an exhausting case today and they weren't very happy with you. You're usually a very methodical person and think with your head, but tensions were high for you during this week's case. Maybe it was your annoyance towards Spencer that cause you to act on your emotions. 

You were the first agent to get to the scene where the unsub was holding a man hostage. Without calling backup you rushed into the house to handle it on your own because you didn't want anyone to die when you could've done something.

This unsub had a very short temper and talking him down was nearly impossible. When the team managed to track you down they found you with a gun pointed right at your head, one wrong move and you were dead.

Hotch was extremely angry with you, he scolded you throughout the plane ride and gave you another earful when you got back to the office. You didn't argue with him because he was right, you don't know what the hell you were thinking and why you acted so ruthlessly. As your unit chief, he was responsible for your actions on the field and if the bureau saw it as careless enough, he could be fired.

The rest of the team wasn't happy as well. Derek scolded you as well once the unsub was fortunately in custody. However, the person who was the most upset, maybe even more than Hotch, was Reid. Usually, he would be able to use his words towards others but he couldn't look at you let alone say something to you.

When you got to the office was a different story. Everyone was standing in the bullpen together upon entrance, Penelope approached you all confused.

"Why the long faces superheroes?" There was an awkward silence until Reid spoke up.

"Some of us think making impulsive, moronic decisions in order to feel like a superhero is a good idea!" he exclaimed making direct eye contact with Garcia. 

She stepped back at his sudden outburst, the rest of the team staring at him wide-eyed. You were in shock at his choice of words. Impulsive was correct but moronic? What the fuck?

"Spence..." Emily placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down which only made him angrier as he snatched his body from under her hand causing her to flinch.

"Riddle me this Y/N," he spat your name. "What in god's name did you think you were going to accomplish by marching into a house with a violent psychopath holding a gun?! Huh?"

"Spencer there was an unarmed civilian in the house with that violent psychopath holding a gun," you said in a timid voice not looking at him directly in the eye.

"So what? Did you think you could single-handedly take him down? He managed to get you onto your knees with a gun held to your forehead and he wouldn't have hesitated to shoot if we didn't make it there on time!" he was shaking in anger, his hands flailing in the air. You noticed a strain in his voice. Was he about to cry?

"Why are you screaming at me as if you've never done anything similar?!" you were beginning to get angry so you shouted back. The rest of the team stood with their mouths open at the fight that was taking place.

"Oh so now you're turning this on me?" he scoffed. "I mean how could you be so fucking stupid and selfish Y/N?!" his words pierced through you, like a hot knife through butter.