Chapter 11 - Snowy Nights & Hot Cocoa

*SMUT WARNING*

Neither of you mentioned the conversation you had back at your apartment, as you wanted. You and Spencer have been hanging out at each other's places regularly after work, but no sex, no head, no...vibrators. 

You've been choosing to walk home together lately just to spend more time with each other and be able to have deeper conversations without one of you having to focus on driving. Talking with Spencer distracted you from the cold air of D.C weather.

When you two met up in front of the office building you noticed that it had started snowing not too long ago, the white already piled up on the sidewalk.

"Great, neither of us brought our cars," you shrugged your shoulders walking in the direction of your homes.

"It's okay, walking in the snow could be refreshing," he admired the small white specks that were falling around him.

You groaned, pulling your coat tighter.

You made it a few blocks, complaining the entire way, noticing that there was no one on the streets.

"See, any sane person would take a cab or something instead of walking in this weather."

"What do you mean? I love the winter," Spencer protested.

"Who in the world enjoys the freezing cold?!" you exclaimed.

"Me!" he replied, "I mean just think about all that the winter brings: Christmas, hot cocoa, pretty lights."

"Yeah, you know what else the cold brings? Hypothermia!" you jutted your head at him, putting emphasis on the last word as he shook his head. "I have to wear huge jackets that make me look like a damn pufferfish. Warm weather is where it's at."

"Gross! All that warm weather brings is sweat and sluggishness, and the last thing that YOU need is to have an excuse to be lazier," he snickered.

This bitch.

Your mouth hung open at his offensive little joke. As he walked a bit ahead of you with a shit-eating smirk on his face, you looked down at a sheet of snow that was sitting under your feet and had an idea. You bent down and dragged your hands across the cleanest part of the snow you could find, flinching at the cold feeling on your bare hands.

You rolled the snow into a smooth sphere. Just as Spencer began to turn around wondering why you weren't beside him, you chucked the ball at him as hard as you could. Spencer let out a high-pitched squeal as the snowball crumbled on impact, some of it manages to make it down his jacket causing you to giggle at the sight.

After he shook all of the snow off of him, whimpering as he did so, he stared at you with creased brows and a horrified expression on his face.

"WHAT THE HELL?" his voice high.

"What? I thought you loved the snow," you teased.

He stared at you for a moment. Tucking his chin and raising his eyebrows, "Oh you're going to pay for this Y/L/N," he said in a terrifyingly calm voice.

The pride and playfulness left your eyes as you watched Spencer reach down and speedily form a snowball of his own that was much bigger than yours.

Before you could react and shield yourself or run away, Spencer hurled the sphere at you leaving you with a face full of snow. You yelped loudly as you erratically brushed the freezing fragments off of your skin, your cheeks now on fire from the cold.

"Oh my god!" You looked back up at Spencer, a frown spreading across your face. He was getting a kick out of this as he laughed with his hands over his stomach.