Chapter 23 - Glimpse of Peace

When you landed in Virginia you two went to your place to settle down a bit. You were still a bit shocked at what you had done in that airplane bathroom, it was hot but very out of your comfort zone. Usually, when it came to kinky sex, public places were off-limits but it felt so right at that moment.

"That was crazy Spence, we are never doing that again!"

"Oh come on, the thought of someone catching us made it even hotter you can't lie," he protested.

"It won't be so hot when Hotch has to bail us out of jail for indecent exposure," you squinted your eyes.

Spencer shrugged his shoulders and you crossed your arms leaning back on your counter, "Are you an exhibitionist or something?"

He raised his eyebrows in shock at your knowledge of that terminology, "I wouldn't label myself like that, I guess I just like a little thrill."

You didn't know much about kinks despite some of the articles you've looked into so you decided not to ask Reid about them because the last time you did you blurted out the idea of pegging him.

"Oh i-is exhibitionism bad?"

"No, not necessarily," he said matter-of-factly. "As long as you set consensual boundaries it's fine, as opposed to some people who just like flashing their dicks to people who don't want to see it."

"Oh, I just- I don't know much about that kind of stuff," your voice trailed off.

"About kinks?"

"Yeah. My only sexual encounters were with college frat boys and I think you can imagine how vanilla those were."

He chuckled, "Sounds horrible. Vanilla is okay every now and then, but having it be the only thing you've experienced? Where's the fun in that?" You nodded your head agreeing in response.

"Good thing I'm here to give you a bit a flavor," he grabbed your chin and angled your face up to look at him. "You have to have some type of kink or fetish."

You got lost in thought for a moment, "I'm not sure..."

"That's okay," his tone was warm. You nodded and smiled as he planted a kiss on your lips. As you got lost in thought for a moment you remembered what Spencer said to you on the car ride back from your 'date'. "A couple of months ago you told me that you were a switch remember?" he nodded his head.

"Well, we never got to really switch," your finger ran down his chest.

He tilted his head, catching on to what you were saying, "So, you want to take control now huh?" you nodded your head in response, grabbing his arm, and dragging him into your room.

He bent down and kissed you desperately. Before his hands could get to your hips, you pushed him backward as he fell onto your bed. His face had a hint of shock but you could tell that he definitely liked it.

After he adjusted himself on your sheets, you crawled on top of him and straddled him. He watched you in awe as if something entirely new took over you. Usually, you wouldn't feel confident enough to take charge like this but Spencer brought this side out of you, he made you feel sexy.

You bent down to kiss him as he laid flat on his back, his hands traveling up your thighs. Before his touch could make it too far, you forcefully grabbed his wrists and peeled them off of you, crossing his hands and pinning them above his head. His breathing hitched as you did that without breaking the kiss.

One hand held his arms in place as the other snaked up to his throat. "Fuck," his groan got cut off by your choke tightening. You rocked your hips against his groin as you hungrily made out with him.

"I didn't expect thi-" his words cut off by a light yet firm slap to the face.

"Did I say you could talk?" you spat.

His eyes darkened at your strike, "Do it again." You chuckled mockingly before giving him another slap. 

"Again. Harder," he begged. You tilted your head and slapped him once more a bit hesitantly this time. Your grip on his hands became undone put he kept his arms in place, above his head.

"HARDER," his voice grew more urgent but not with lust this time.

"Spencer your cheek is turning really red," you began to grow worried, the point was to hurt him but in a pleasurable way, this was getting out of hand.

"NOW!" he was now yelling, almost angrily.

"No Spence, I don't want to hurt you too badly!"

His voice began to break, "DO IT Y/N! FUCKING HIT ME-"

Whack!

The sound of the final slap resonated throughout the room. You didn't mean to hit him that hard but the pressure of him shouting at you caused you to do so. His shoulders began to shake as his arms lowered beside him. Is he crying?

His right cheek was branded with a bright red handprint as he began to weep. "Oh my God Spencer..." you guided him so that he was sitting upright. You felt horrible at the thought that you had hurt him, caused him this much physical pain.

He dropped his face into his hands as tears rolled down his face, "It's not you..."

"W-what do you mean? I just slapped the hell out of you."

"I'm just- I'm angry and I'm scared Y/N," his voice was weak. You shifted on the bed next to him, you weren't following.

"I treated you like shit for this past year and it was all because of my own issues. I've led you on and pushed you away more times than I'm proud of. That's why I felt like I needed to be hit, to be punished."

"That's not entirely true. You told me you loved me back in New York," you suggested.

"Yes but ask me what we are."

Hesistating for a moment you asked, "What are we Spencer?" All he could do in response was shake his head, looking at you with sorry eyes.

"Well we don't have to put a label on it. You know that you want to be with me, that's enough right?"

"No, its not Y/N, you deserve more. You deserve someone who is sure of their life, someone who isn't scared to death of being in love," his voice got quiet. "Someone who isn't as fucked up as I am."

"That's the thing Spencer, I don't want anyone else. I don't want 'someone' I want you." He stared deeply into your eyes, searching for your own inhibition but you had none, you were dead set on keeping this man and he saw that. 

Spencer Reid spent his whole life searching the world for a glimpse of peace. It wasn't until now that he realized his world was standing in front of him.

"Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

You raised your eyebrows, "A-are you sure?" He nodded his head.

A grin formed across your face as you jumped into his arms, "Yes." His arms wrapped tightly around you, he wasn't going to let his past drive himself away from you, not now and not ever.