Chapter 17 - Emily Prentiss

"Oh my god Y/N it's pouring outside, you're soaking. Come inside," her voice high-pitched in concern.

You walked in as your shoes slightly squished on the floor. Emily ran to her closet to grab a towel for you. As you removed your jacket you took the basil colored towel from her hand, running it over your head and through your soaking hair.

You took a cab here so your clothes weren't as drenched as your hair. Prentiss motioned over to her couch, inviting you to sit next to her.

"What's wrong?" she asked in a soft voice.

You tried to fight back tears but your quivering lip gave you away.

"Oh, honey..." she pulled you into a hug and stroked your hair as your tears stuck to the shoulder of her soft pink blouse.

Apparently Spencer had told Morgan about them so you could tell Emily. "Spencer and I have been seeing each other for the past few months..." you waited to see her reaction.

"I-I know."

"You do?"

"The whole team has their suspicions, but it didn't affect your guys' work in the field so no one really said anything." So all that sneaking around was for nothing?

"We never really put a label on it, we just knew...thought that we liked each other. Spencer was always so weird about taking things to the next level, I was wary of it too but it was like he would slap himself on the wrist for any emotional feeling he felt towards me." You looked down at the floor and sighed as you recalled what you overheard in the conference room. Emily's eyes followed yours.

"When we got back tonight, I ran to that bakery and bought his favorite donut. I wanted to surprise him because he seemed so distant the entire case, I assumed it was because of all the deaths. When I came back to the office I overheard him talking to Derek. He was yelling about how he never wants anything to do with me besides sex and how he never loved nor liked me in the time that we were seeing each other."

"Oh my god Y/N that's terrible. That's so not like him, I don't understand why he would he say that." She was in disbelief, almost as much as you were.

"We had so many moments together, other than when we...had sexual encounters," you remembered that you hadn't slept together yet. "I even told him about my-" your anger was rising again but you stopped yourself from finishing that 

Emily's voice became a soft whisper, "About your father?"

You tilted your head and narrowed your eyes, "How do you..."

She swallowed, "Remember when I was being appointed as the new BAU unit chief because Strauss was questioning Hotch's leadership? It got to the point where I had to look through everyone's files, just before Hotch proved himself to Strauss." You do remember that and you should've known.

"Y/N I swear I wouldn't have looked if it wasn't protocol. Aaron warned me that it was heavy."

You didn't know how to react, all you wanted was to move far away from home and start a life that wasn't defined by the shit you've gone through in your past. But here you are, three of your colleagues knowing everything you've tried to erase. You wouldn't be surprised if any more of the team knew, most likely Garcia. She wouldn't look through your file on purpose but when you're that good with computers you stumble across things that you shouldn't have.

"I-I'm just glad it was you and not some random who was taking the position of unit chief," you sighed.

Prentiss gave you a small smile, "I'm so sorry that happened to you Y/N but have you noticed me treating you any different?" You shook your head in response. "Exactly, because I don't see you any differently. What you went through does not define you, it's not all you are. You are so strong and badass Y/N Y/L/N."

You let out a weak smile. "If you could get through that you could get through this," she continued.

"Thanks, Em. For everything, for being here for me."

"Of course, I'm always here for you." She gently placed her warm hand on top of yours, "Spence would be an absolute idiot to lose someone as amazing as you."

Your gaze traveled from your hands to Emily's face as your eye contact deepened. Admiring her dark brown eyes you found yourself getting lost in them. Her raven hair framed her sculpted face. Everything about this woman was beautiful.

She lifted her hand, gently brushing a piece of your hair behind your ear. Her eyes traveled down your face, taking in everything about your expression until they locked onto your lips. You found yourself doing the same.

With her hand resting on your cheek, she cautiously leaned in. Her glances revealing that she was battling with herself, not wanting to proceed with something you didn't want. Except you did want it, you were hurting and needed to feel loved and comforted so you closed the gap in between your faces, pressing your lips onto hers.

The kiss started off slow and uncertain, unlike the one you shared at the bar. You pulled away for a moment to read her face, after a moment of looking at each other Prentiss held your head in her hands and pulled you into a more passionate kiss.

Emily was always open about how she's been with women before. Hell, she's even had a couple of past girlfriends, so knew what she was doing and you could tell.

She leaned you back onto her couch as your hands explored the curvatures of her body, stopping at the hem of her top. You pulled her shirt off of her revealing her bra underneath, her doing the same to you.

Her kisses made their way down to your neck, her leg hooked around your waist. You gasped as both of your cores occasionally touched as she was rocking into her traveling kisses.

Slowly slipping under your waistband, Emily's fingers tenderly moved up and down your clothed slit. You brought your hand up to do the same to her, earning a soft moan from her.

Before completely removing your clothes she looked at you, "Is this okay?" sincerity in her voice.

For a moment you thought, well that's a no brainer. Until a flash of guilt washed over you. As much as you were angry at Spencer something about this didn't feel right nor fair. 

"Let's just kiss," you said with a slight stammer.

She gave you a genuine smile, "Okay." Removing her hand from your pussy she brought them to your face and planted her soft lips on yours, moving them sweetly and down to your neck every now and then

You two made out for however long, your hands caressing every inch of her body that they could. She didn't need to sexually please you in order to comfort you.

...

The next morning you woke up early remembering that you still had work. As you were looking for your own clothes, Emily's rosy blouse from last night caught your eye. You threw it over yourself, it still smelling of her classy perfume. You may have stopped anything from happening last night but you still wanted to sock it to Reid a little.

"The top looks cute on you," Emily placed her hand on your hip as she eyed you up and down causing you to blush.

Having some coffee with Prentiss, you chatted for a little bit until it was time for you to leave. 

"Hey, Emily," you said hesitantly. She turned to you as she was putting some things away in her cabinet.

"About last night..." you hoped she'd pick up what you meant and she did.

"Don't worry about that, nothing will be awkward between us I promise," she tilted her head sincerely. "We're still friends."

"Okay, thank you," you gave her a half-smile before exiting her apartment, shutting the door behind you.

On the quiet elevator ride, you thought to yourself, last night could've gone a lot differently if you had a different set of morals.