~Finding~

Your Pov :

"I still hate you."

I growled at her as I swept all the dust. Jane just looked at me with a smile before dipping a rag in a bucket of water, which she pulled out after a second and squeezed all the water out of before getting back to work.

"Oh, come on, it's not that bad, is it?"

 I rolled my eyes annoyingly before heading deeper into the basement. The light barely shone here.

"Hey Jane? Can you please turn the light on?"

She nodded before reaching the switch and pushing the button, but nothing happened. She tried to turn on the light again, but nothing.

"Man... nothing works here!"

She punched it hard one last time before the light suddenly came on. She smiled triumphantly and went for a rag. I watched her amusedly before continuing my work. Soon I heard him calling to me.

"Yo! Look at it!"

She said with a surprised/astonished expression as she held a cannonball in both hands. I rolled my eyes in surprise.

"Dude, this is the biggest ball I've ever seen!"

"How could it not? It's a cannonball."

"It's not a classic cannonball! This was a pirate cannonball!"

I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms.

"And how do you know?"

"Was there a leaf and also by size?"

I just smiled, and looked away from her.

"Do you think that we can find a cannon?"

I looked at her in horror and shook my head with my eyes wide open.

"No!"

"Chill... just messing with you... 'sorta'."

She whispered the last word in way, that  I could still hear her. I just sighed as she began to approach me.

"Hey, what if we go play boiling?"

I thought for a moment before I nodded. She put the ball in my hand so fast that I could barely hold it and it almost fell to my feet. I looked at her, startled, before she ran behind the corner. After a few minutes, she returned with ten plastic statuettes. She stood in the middle of the room, where she began to fold them. When she was done, she stood on both feet, brushed her hands, and looked at me with a smile.

"All done, wanna go first?"

I thought for a moment before I nodded. I stood not far from the statues, and pointed the ball at them before I 'threw' it. It rolled for a few seconds before descending half of them.

"Nice for a first try!"

She smiled. I smiled back at her, before I reached the cannonball, i took it in both hands and stood in the same place as before. On my second attempt, only one remained standing. I wanted to pull all my hair out and scream from my full lungs.

"Sooo cloosseeee!"

Jane laughed at me.

"Hey, it's okay. My turn now."

We put together the statuettes before Jane stood in the same place as before. She stood there for a moment before she smiled wickedly.

'Jane, what do you planing this time..."

As soon as she put the cannonball on her shoulder, it was clear to me.

"Jane! No-"

It was late. She threw the cannonbal high above our heads. I screamed and ran as far away from it as possible. The ball flew far away before falling heavily on the cabinet, which had collapsed. Jane put both hands in front of her mouth and looked at me, startled. I just put both hands on my hips with the expression 'And now you're in a great trouble young Lady.' I rolled annoyingly with my eyes before reaching the point of impact. But what surprised us both was that something purple was glowing there.

"What the..."

We began to put aside all the clutter before the mysterious thing was revealed to us. It looked like a glass sphere, except that it glowed purple and had a purple full that spun from one side to the other. The smoke, as it always did, changed the hue of its color, it was absolutely stunning. For a moment, it would seem to me that the gas was heading towards me, as if he wanted me to free it.

"You are... beautiful..."

"Ehm... Y/N?... Y/N!"

I cried out and spinned towards her.

"Yea?"

"Our punishment is over, we can go home."

"Wha-?"

"You stared at it for an hour!"

"H-Huh?!"

I looked incomprehensibly, for a time on my cell phone, and my eyes widened in shock.

"Dude, it can't be, I-"

"Let's just get the hell out of here!"

She didn't sound very enthusiastic. Why is she suddenly so upset? After all, she had been so happy a while ago that she could share it with others, and now? And what I don't understand at all is, how could I stare for an hour? It was only a few seconds... or not?

*At Home*

"Dad i-"

"I told you to stop talking to her..."

He said disappointed.

"D-Dad, please... let me expla-"

"That's enough."

He looked me straight in the eye. I tried to stop crying, but I couldn't. It didn't want to.

"I don't want to hear from you until the end of the day. Now go to your room."

I sighed sadly and wiped the tears from my eyes. I walked up the stairs and started walking up before he stopped me.

"You really disappointed me."

I went to my room, where I threw my backpack around the corner, and with a groan I jumped on the bed. I buried my face in the pillow, where I cried softly. Purple rays began to shine from my backpack. I turned to face  it. I sat on the corner of the bed before I got to my feet and came to my backpack, which I unzipped and took out the glass sphere. I smiled to myself before hiding it in my secret hiding place in the room. Behind the poster I have a loose brick, where there is a large hole where I hide things. I was quite surprised that the glass sphere fit in there. With a smile on my face, I pinned the poster to the wall before I lay down on the bed and fell asleep.