Prep Time 8

Darkness.

That's all I could see. Nothing but pitch-black darkness. It covered my whole body. I tried to talk, move, do something but I couldn't. It was almost like I was stuck like I was dead...

"Well well well... look who decided to finally come here."

What? Did someone just talk?

"Of course someone just talked you fool, me!"

That voice... it sounds so familiar, but for some reason, it's almost like my mind is preventing me from remembering. But I can still make out the voice. It sounds... Male. Based on the volume and sound of his voice, I can tell he's pretty old, but not too old. And I can also tell that it contains.... i-is that, pride? Wait hold on, his voice it's so familiar and nostalgic, it's like the most obvious thing yet I can't remember!

"Hmph! So you can't remember me? That's fine, guess I'll just introduce myself."

I hear what sounds to be the sound of someone puffing their chest.

"I am the lege-

AHHHHH! MY HEAD, IT FEELS LIKE IM BEING SMASH REPEATEDLY INTO A ROCK! IT HURTS SO MUCH EVEN MORE THAN WHEN I GOT SHOT! WHERE DID THIS PAIN COME FROM!?

"Huh? Hey, are you ok? Oh, I forgot. This is your first time so naturally, it would hurt. Hmm? Ah, well it seems you're waking up, what a shame. And here I thought I could finally meet my new Jailer. Well, cya."

The pain in my head starts to subside. The last thing I see before my consciousness fades away is.... orange? Wait a second...

Now I remember.

•Third POV•

Vernal is currently walking back towards her tribe's camp with Kurama still hanging over her shoulder. It's been 4 hours since he has passed out and he hasn't moved an inch. Surprisingly, he's is pretty light, making Vernal's little trip easier.

She finally reaches her camp once she spots the wooden gates and the guards outside. The guards spot her and quickly open the gates letting her in. When she enters, everyone else in the camp instantly looks at her.

A good example of this would be: Opening a pack of gum in school. You know how when you enter your classroom and everyone is there and they are all talking about random things with each other? Well, imagine you take out a pack of gum. Open it. And proceed to put one in your mouth.

Silence. Stares. Everyone's eyes are instantly set on you, or more specifically, your pack of gum. Uh oh.

Yeah, that's what happened to Vernal. The second she set foot in the camp, everyone looked at her, or just like the example of gum and school, more specifically, Kurama. Some had a face filled with worry, others confusion, a few even had fear. Though of course, there were the occasional 'that's it?' look on some of their faces.

Vernal, feeling a bit uncomfortable, decides to keep on heading to Raven's tent. While she's heading there, she hears some whispering from the bandits.

"That's it? You're telling me he's the one who's been taking care of those grimm?"

"Ha! Imagine him taking on a group of grimm, I bet he wouldn't even last a second against a small beowolf."

"What kind of mask even is that?"

"What a weird weapon."

"Guys? I wouldn't underestimate him just because of his looks."

"Shut up Dan, look. He's just a kid! What can he do?"