Chapter 1

Takes place after Mercedes and Rachel sing for the part in West side story...with a twist.

-Rachel pov-
"I think after that it's obvious who won!" Mr. Shue looks at Mercedes "You got the part!"

"B-b-but I sounded better" I look at Finn for help and he just looks away "I-I was better"

"Just face it troll" I look over at...I can't remember his name "My girl is just better then you"

"I guess so" I hold out my hand and give Mercedes a true smile "You bested me"

"Yeah I'm not shaking that man hand" I frown and look at my hand "You could club someone with that"

"He~"

"I bet you it's as big as her dick" Laughter breaks out from the crowd "Get off the stage treasure trail"

I run off the stage as the laughter rings out louder. What hurts even more is Finn is laughing with them. I run into the hallway and bump into someone. I wipe the tears away quickly.

"I am s-oh hey Shelby" My birth mother looks at me with a worried expression "How are you?"

"I'm doing just fine" She puts a gentle hand on my shoulder "Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine" I step back "I just gotta go"

"Rachel" I don't look up at her "It's ok not to be ok"

"No it's not!" I turn back toward her "I can't be upset or cry! If I do in front of them it's shows they one and that they beat me! I can't let them beat me!"

"What happened?" I look away again "Rachel?"

"I lost the lead part in West Side Story and they made fun of me" I give a watery chuckle and shake my head "I should've expected it though...I am a loser"

"You aren't a loser Rachel" Shelby puts a hand under my chin and raises my head to face her "You are going to be a star"

"Not in there I won't" I swallow to make my throat wet again "They are just gonna keep bullying me"

"I got an idea" I look at Shelby confused "I have a choir I'm starting...why don't you join? So far it's just me and Sugar"

"Can she sing now?" Shelby nods and I sigh "I guess I can"

"Excellent!" Shelby grabs my hand and starts speed walking "Lets tell suagr the good news"

I can't help but smile. My mom is actually happy I'm around. This could be worth joining them for. I look back when I think I hear footsteps but I see no one.

Oh well.

-Quinn pov-
"Oh god" I run back to the glee club "Rachel's defected!"

"Rachel wouldn't leave she's the captain of the glee club!" Kurt smiles over at me "She'll be back next class"

"No she won't!" Kurt jumps back "She went with Shelby!"

"Oh no" Shuester stands up and starts pacing "We need her in here!"

"Shue we have great voices besides 20 inch nose" I roll my eyes at Mercedes comment "We will be just fine with out"

"We have enough talent without Rachel" I give a shocked look at Finn "She's so annoying sometimes"

"Are you kidding me?!" Everyone looks at me confused "We need Rachel here! She's the voice that keeps us going!"

"Quinn chill out" Santana puts a arm around me "She'll be back like Kurt said"

"I'm glad everyone is still in here" We look up to the stage to see Rachel, Sugar, and Shelby "I think it's best to tell you all that I am leaving for Shelbys group"