-Chpt.1-

April 7th

.April 7th.

•~(Y/N) P.O.V.~•

I sigh as I drag my feet to the gates of the daunting Cherryton High School. This is where I am to find my new start, a new me if you will, with more chances and hopefully some more luck than last time. It's not that I wanted to leave Rokuma, I had a good circle of friends and relatively high grades across my classes, but I found myself without a choice as things gradually got worse towards the end of the year.

Snapping out of my thoughts I shiver, I can't go into a new school with all these negative ideas in my head or I'll never get better. I stand outside for a little while longer, constantly patting down my uniform as I gather the courage to enter. Finally doing so I walk through the schools centre, students walk around chatting amongst themselves and laughing, none of them paying any attention to me or glaring daggers at me like I was used to from my old school. I could deal with this.

Since it was my first day I didn't have any lessons, just a free to find my way around and maybe make some friends, though I doubt I'll talk to anyone so soon. I check my phone and pull up the email I'd received from the academy, listing some instructions for when I arrive. Pinching the screen to zoom the tiny font I find it tells me to go to the reception. 'Reception? How do they expect me to find that, this place is massive!' I shake my head in defeat and decide it best to just continue to stroll around.

It's not long until I find a beautiful opening with a fountain in the centre. I smile as I jog up to it, walking around it as I watch the water peacefully stream from the centre, the noise calming me. Looking down I see... blood? I gasp and stumble backwards, crouching down to look closer. 'Yep, that's blood alright' I realise, looking at the dried patch of dark red blood on the brick in front of the fountain. I quickly stand up and look around me, no one to be seen, phew. It definitely wouldn't be a good first impression to find a carnivore sniffing blood off the ground on their first day.

Stepping away from it I perch on the edge of the fountain. 'What on earth could've happened here for there to be blood?' I question mentally. I mean, this fountain is somewhat hidden by of one of the larger school buildings, a hall maybe, could somebody have been... I shake my head and bury it in my hands, I can't think like this, not now I'm here, fresh start remember?

"Ah you must be (Y/N) (L/N), I take it you couldn't find our reception?"  A deep bellowing voice brings me out of thought.Turning my head up I see a tiger towering over me, his attire is formal and glasses rest gently on his nose. He crouches down to meet my eye level and smiles. "I'm Gon, the headmaster here at Cherryton." He holds out his hand and I shake it nervously, he must wonder what I'm doing back here, there no other students around after all. "Come with me, I'll show you around properly and find you your dorm." He suggests with a gentle gleam in his eye. I nod and rise from my seat on the fountains edge, straightening my uniform and adjusting my bag on my back.

Gon stands forward and looks around. "Let's start here shall we?" he says, pointing to the building in front of us. "This is this main stage hall of Cherryton, here you'll see the drama club perform a series of plays, it's worth watching if you get the chance." He suggests, looking down at me, I nod and smile, not sure of what to say. "If we continue around this way," he starts, walking around the side of the building, phew, looks like I'm not going to have to talk a lot on this tour.

•——————————•

Finally Gon and I reach the reception of the school, the tour was brief but at least now I find myself with a grasp on the schools layout and where I'll need to go most often. Walking into the schools main office we're met with a friendly looking okapi behind the desk. "Headmaster Gon!" She exclaims, rising from her seat "Good morning Ikaru," he greets "Can you please find me the dorm information for our new student here please." He begins, gesturing to me.

Ikaru smiles as she sees me and waves, I return the gesture and shyly wave my hand in her direction. "Sure thing," she says, sitting back down and opening a series of tabs on the school computer. "What's your name sweetheart?" She asks, again looking to me. I stand forward, stammering and tripping over my words "Uh (Y/N) (L/N)." I blurt out. Ikaru nods and searches up my name in the dorm system, she pulls up a tab which I can briefly see contains a list of names.

"Alright here we are (Y/N)." She starts, reaching into a organiser containing a series of keys. "You'll be staying in canine room 312 in the girls dorm building," she reaches into one of the compartments and hands me a key. It's a mucky silver with a laminated red card attached to it reading '312' I guess that helps if I forget? "You're roommates are," she begins, brining my attention back to her. "Taka, Ethne, and Mayumi!"  hm, just based off of their names they don't seem so bad.

"Very well then," Gon bellows, "(Y/N), I hope you enjoy your time here at Cherryton, I understand this is a new start for you and our staff will do their part to ensure you enjoy your school experience." He smiles, I turn to him and nod my head "Thank you headmaster." I smile in return. He crouches down and places a gentle hand on my shoulder. "Please, call me Gon." I again nod. "The girls dorm building is the one over to our left." He states, pointing to a towering building outside the reception window. "Your dorm-mates will still be in class at this moment so that gives you the chance to settle in." Gon tells me, before turning on his heel and walking away with a wave.

Walking up to the doors to leave I smile at Ikaru as I go, heading towards the dorm buildings. Maybe school wouldn't be so bad this time around? One can only hope...

[1112 words]
[Apologies for any typos or errors]