-Chpt.4-

April 8th

.April 8th.

•~(Y/N) P.O.V.~•
As we continue our lunch we somehow find ourselves talking about making friends within the school. "Yeah but I just don't know how to approach people," I explain "I'm alright with being alone in lessons anyway." I say taking the last bite of my sandwich. "Nah come on (Y/N)," Mayumi whines "You need to put yourself out there." She says with a smirk. I pull a disgusted face and shake my head quickly, I don't know why these guys want me to make friends so badly, but even the idea of it was making me nervous.

"Oh I know!" Jack exclaims, clapping his hands together "You should join a club!" he suggests with enthusiasm. "Ooo yeah!" Taka agrees, "The manga club and I all get along really well! It's good to meet people with common interests." I think for a moment and shrug. "I don't know you guys..." I sigh, resting my chin in my palm. "I'd probably be too scared, plus I'm not sure what clubs there even are." Ethne grabs her phone and pulls up the school website "Lets just check on here!" she beams. I roll my eyes at the group, looks like I'm not getting out of this one.

"So (Y/N)," Ethne begins, reading the long list of clubs offered at Cherryton. "There's of course the manga club," she starts, Taka smiles and waves at the mention. "All the sport based clubs, like football, basketball, hockey and volleyball." she continues, pointing to herself at the last one. "Clubs like for the newspaper," she nods looking at Mayumi who returns the gesture. "And lastly the maths club, ew, the book club, the gardening club, the choir, and the drama club." the collie dog finishes, closing her phone screen and placing it into her bags front pocket.

I hesitate for a moment and cross my arms "I don't know," I mumble "Can I just not join one?" the golden lab to my side shakes his head. "Nope!" Jack exclaims "You're joining a club (Y/N)." he states confidently. I let out and long sigh and whine "Pleaaase," Jack looks at me with puppy dog eyes. "For us (Y/N)." he pleads, gesturing to the others on the table. "Yeah (Y/N)," Mayumi chimes in, "So we know you've got somewhere to be when we're busy." She explains. Taka and Ethne nod, agreeing with the rest of the canines. I give in and sit back in my chair "Fine." I agree blankly, with mild annoyance laced into my tone. "But which one?" I question, trying to remember the list read only moments ago.

"Book club?" Jack suggests, "Don't read much." I deflect. "Basketball?" Ethne tries "Not sporty." I explain, crossing out another option.  "Gardening club?" Taka joins "The flowers will stain my fur." I shrug, running a hand through my long white fuzz. "Drama club?" Mayumi puzzles, I pause and try to think of an excuse out of it, my silence regrettably allows Jack to cut in. "Drama club it is!" He cheers joyfully.

I roll my eyes and hide my face in my hands. "Come on (Y/N) it'll be fun." Ethne giggles at my refusal to join. "Yeah I mean," Taka starts, clearing her throat. "Loads of the drama club kids are really kind! My friend Fudge is a part of the stage crew, just say you're my new roomie!" I chuckle and shake my head. "I don't think I can just turn up and shout 'Hi I'm Taka's friend!' And hope he catches on." We all laugh and Mayumi shakes her head. "But really you should go." She smiles. "I don't know their times." I excuse.