VIII

After what happened yesterday, my emotions were completely all over the place. How can one girl have so much leverage over me...the day we met. How were feelings formed in the span of 24 hours...

These questions haunted me this morning. I did my best trying to avoid them, but they just kept coming at me. Even while talking to my Mom and Yuna, these thoughts wouldn't go away. What happene-

My train of thought was interrupted when I heard a knock on the door. My mom was about to stand up, but I stopped her and gestured her to continue eating. I walked to the door and opened it, wondering who it was.

"Hey Y/N!"

"H-Hi Wonyoung...what are you doi-"

"Y/N, who is this?" My mom said, as she stood behind me.

"T-This is-"

"I'm Wonyoung, I'm very close to Y/N!" She said. Wonyoung suddenly locked her arms with mine, making me blush.

"Oh...I see. Take care of my Y/N!" My mom smirked and walked away. I sighed and faced Wonyoung.

"So what are you doing here?"

"W-Well...it's the weekend...and I wondered if we could hang out...?"

"YES!" My mom screamed from the table.

"Mom!" I yelled back, as Wonyoung laughed. I faced her, showing my embarrassed, but accepted her offer. I invited her to eat with us, in which she humbly accepts as well.

However...I might have made the wrong mistake. As we ate breakfast, my mom kept telling Wonyoung really embarrassing stories about me...and my love life. I wanted to hide in a cave and never come out...but my mindset changed after she said...

"I find Y/N very cute. He seems very timid...but his soul is so kind. If girls didn't go for looks, they would be falling for him left and right..." She grabbed my hand and held it.

"Y/N. She's a keeper." I sighed and nodded in defeat. My mom was right...

"W-Wonyoung...I genuinely want to be with you..." I said as I held her hand tighter. My mother and sister were in awe.

"So do I...but so do the others..."

"O-Others...?" She nodded and looked down.

"Y/N's mom...did you know many girls have grown crushes for your son...?" She shook her head and covered her mouth.

"Y/N...everyone needs to figure out there feelings. It's the best way to approach this..." It took me a few minutes to understand her point. Dating someone you just met after meeting each other on the first day is ridiculous...but not impossible. However...if other girls liked me...and I started dating Wonyoung...there hearts would be broken.

Wonyoung knew who I was...the person who cares for others first. I need to help everyone else...before I become selfish and fulfill my wishes and desires...

"I understand." I looked at her with a sincere smile and pulled her in for a hug. Behind Wonyoung, was my crying mother and sister. I gave them a reassuring smile, telling them that everything will be okay and everything shall be handled properly.

As the morning came to an end, Wonyoung and I hung out the rest of the day. Being in each others company made us feel very happy. Knowing that our relationship can't grow yet still hurts...but knowing that it can happen overrides it.

"Wonyoung?"

"Hmm?"

"It's only been 2 days...but thank you..."

"I should be the one thanking you too. You did save me on the first day..."

"I'm happy I didn't walk by...I would've lost the chance to talk to and bathe in the presence of an angel."

"Oh shut it..." She gave me a little punch on my arm and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I can't wait for what is to come...so many memories with you Y/N...and our friends as well..."

"Memories that will be cherished forever..."