IX

I felt very luck today. It was so hot that the air conditioners in the school stopped working, which is why they canceled it. I felt very overjoyed, as I finally had an extra day to rest.

Today, I tried to take things differently. On days where I don't have school, I normally don't leave the house...but today is different. I woke up in the morning and immediately took a shower and dressed up. As I came down stairs, I could see Yuna and my Mom eating breakfast. As my Mom was about to take a bite, she paused and looked at me.

"Why are you dressed up today?"

"W-Well..."

"Are you going to do something with that Wonyoung girl...?" She said with a smirk.

"N-No! I was just going to the cafe nearby..."

"I see...would you like to have bre-"

"M-Mom, I was planning on eating over there...if you don't mind..."

"I don't sweetheart. It's been a while since you've actually left the house. I started to think you had no friends...until yesterday..." I sighed and gave my mom and Yuna a hug, as I walked out of the house.

"So this is the cafe..." I said outside. It was very spacious...and appeared to be very busy. I entered and immediately went in line. There was a lot of items on the menu, and most of them sounded and appeared to be good. A few minutes after waiting in line, it was my turn.

I walked up to the barista, who had her back turned to the kitchen. Seconds later, she turned towards me. I was star struck when I saw what she looked like. She was stunning...

"H-Hi..."

"Hello! I'm Yujin!" She looked tall...but very young as well...

"C-Can I have a hot chocolate and some biscuits?" She nodded and wrote down my order. She turned around and stuck it to the wall, and faced me.

"Here you go sir!" She extended her arm with the receipt. I grabbed it with my hand, shaking. I bowed and walked to the nearest table...

Who was that...

Why do I seem to know her...

I sat down and pulled out my phone. I opened my messages to see I was added to a group chat with 2 unknown numbers and Wonyoung. After the little date we had, we exchanged phone numbers. I was confused and started to text.

Y/N : Hello?

Wonyoung : Y/N! Hi!

??? : So this is Y/N's number...

??? : I guess

Y/N : Wonnie, who are these unknown numbers?

Wonyoung : Yuri and Minju!

Yuri : Now you have our numbers Y/N...be grateful...

Y/N : Wha...

Minju : Yuri is just teasing you Y/N.

Y/N : Ofc she would be...

Y/N : Sorry girls, I'm currently at a cafe. Ttyl?

Wonyoung : Of course~

Yuri : Sure

Minju : Yesss

I placed my phone on the table as the barista walked up to me. She had a smile on her face while placing the food and drink down.

"Thank you..."

"No problem! If you need anything, feel free to talk to me!" She slipped away back to her position, as I admire her from afar. I snapped out of my little trance and started to eat. The biscuits tasted marvelous, and the hot chocolate was...sweet.

I looked out of the window, admiring the town. It was very peaceful...I felt serenity...

Calm...

Peace...

R-Re...

"Hello..." My eyes slowly opened, revealing a hand being waved in front of me. I jumped back, frightened...until I saw her.

"Silly. It's just me, Yujin!" She said, giggling. I felt drowsy and confused, as I turn around to see the sky...dark...

"Did I..."

"Yup! You slept here alright. I would've woken you up sooner...but you looked so cute sleeping! Our shifts are over, and everyone left...but I didn't want to leave you behind!"

"I-I...I'm sorry..."

"No need to worry Mr. Y/N!"

"You can cut the formalities...we are most likely the same age..."

"Really?! Wait...do you go to Sunny High??!" I nodded.

"Are you a...freshmen??!!!" I nodded again.

"So am I! That means we can be friends...right?" I was very flustered at the sudden offer...and I was kind of getting scared...but she did wait for me...

"S-Sure...I would like that..." She clapped her hands as she extended her arm out towards my chest.

"My name is Yujin! Ahn Yujin! I'm very energetic if you haven't noticed, and I'm very positive as well! I can't wait to make memories with you!"

"My name is Y/N. I am really not that much of a talker, but if I'm comfortable around you, you'll hear my voice a lot. Let's be good friends...Yujin..."

We shook hands, as we both walked out of the cafe. I offered to take her home, in which she accepted. We admired the stars, as they shined there light on us.

Let's say...it was kind of nice...