10: Rainbow Rocks

If there are any errors then I'm really sorry. ;-; This is probably the longest chapter I've ever written so hope you guys enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Sunday arrived, Sunset and I met Rainbow Dash and the others at the mall. We entered a music store where DJ Pon-3 (also known as Vinyl Scratch) works at, and the athlete tried finding a guitar that suited her best.

"Rainbow Dash, I simply don't understand why you can't just play the guitar you have." Rarity said as we stepped foot into the music store.

Rainbow Dash had carried a black guitar case on the way here. As the athlete opens the guitar case; inside it reveals a broken light green guitar.

"Now I understand..! It's in terrible condition!" Rarity gasps at the sight of the instrument.

"Is there something going on at school? Is that why you're buying a new guitar?" I was rather confused and decided to ask.

"Didn't you hear from the announcements?? We're having a musical showcase in a few days, silly!" Pinkie Pie grins at me.

"Oh. I didn't listen because I was trying to beat Jin at Mario Kart.." I rubbed the back of my neck

"Yeah, and I'm going to rock it with my band!" Rainbow Dash nods while looking around for a guitar.

"Your band?? Rainbow Dash, we all agreed to participate in the musical showcase together. It should be 'our' band." Applejack slightly frowns at her sentence.

"Well I can't wait to hear you guys play then." I pat Applejack's head, bringing a faint blush to her cheeks.

"Wait (Y/N)... Are you not participating in the musical showcase..?" Fluttershy questions.

I just found out today that we're having a musical showcase so I wasn't sure if I wanted to participate in it or not.

With an unsure shrug, I replied, "I'm not sure yet. I didn't know we were having one until now but I'll think about it."

"How about this guitar?! If not then how about this one!?" Pinkie Pie jumps up and down with a purple guitar in one hand and a banjo in another.

"No Pinkie. Those aren't what I'm looking for." Rainbow Dash shakes her head.

"Well what are ya looking for?" Applejack asks.

"That's the problem! I need something that looks as awesome as I'm gonna make it sound!" Rainbow Dash said before letting out a gasp.

Following her gaze, the girls and I see a shiny red double-necked guitar. It looks pretty neat. As Rainbow Dash grabs one of the fretboards, another hand sets itself on the other.

The owner of the other hand belonged to Trixie Lulamoon.

"Hands off my guitar, Trixie!" Rainbow Dash tugs the double-necked guitar over to her side.

"I touched it first, Rainbow Dash!" Trixie yanks the red guitar to her side.

"Sounds to me like this is the makin' for a nice friendly competition." Applejack smiled before coming forward.