15: The Battle Begins

A day after the slumber party at Pinkie Pie's house, I was back at home while the other girls were in Applejack's side barn to practice the counter-spell.

I had Jin come over to rehearse our song we were going to perform for the first round. Sitting in the living room with a few sheets of paper and our instruments, we refined some lyrics and polished up the chords.

"I think this is good enough. What do you think?" I strummed a few chords on the acoustic guitar.

"That'll do. Just make sure you memorize those lyrics before we get on stage." Jin pushed his glasses up, reading the lyrics on one of the papers.

"Aye, aye, captain!"

Grabbing my cup of lemonade that's on the coffee table, I continued to read over our song before taking a sip of the lemon-flavored beverage.

Time certainly flew by as it was now a quarter past noon. The competition's first round starts at two, and luckily we were able to wrap up any revisions. With an hour and a half to spare, Jin and I chatted about the Dazzlings.

"Why do you think they're here anyways?" I asked my demon best friend.

"It could be because of that rainbow beam the girls used to defeat Sunset Shimmer and also the firestorm pillar we created during that day. Those three are definitely here to have a taste of magic. Especially Equestrian Magic, and it looks like the girls are their main targets.. It also seems like they've taken an interest in you." Jin smirks, and the thought causes me to blush.

"Now don't be ridiculous.. A-Anyways, about what you said to me during that day we challenged the Dazzlings with music. You're telling me that Sunset is the other missing aspect to their Magic of Friendship?"

Leaning back on the chair, he nods, "That's correct. You've seen her being immune to the Siren's spell. If that's the case then her time to shine is near.."

"There's only six elements that we know of: Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty and Magic.. What's the other missing element then?" I ran a hand through my black locks.

I was rather curious about the seventh element but what intrigued me even more was an unknown, strange presence lurking around Canterlot High. It's definitely not the Dazzlings, their aura is much more...monstrous than those three.

"Hey Jin.. Have you sensed anything weird lately?"

......

He pauses for a moment.

......

Something wasn't right..

"Jin? What's wrong? Don't tell me you sense it as well..?"

Taking off his glasses and placing them down onto the coffee table, his eyes remained on the ground but insisted on giving me a reply.

"I thought there was something wrong when I detected one of the spells; one that's supposed to conceal your magical aura.. If they're trying to hide from us then we best stay on the lookout. Not only do we have the Sirens to worry about but also a bigger threat that's lying ahead of us.."

[~AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER~]

The two of us are now inside of a very crowded gym. Blasting the room with unpleasant murmurs from our schoolmates, Jin and me stood by the doors; not wanting to cause any more mayhem than it already is.