18: Love Bubble

"[Y/N]!"

You turned your head towards the voices. You found yourself in the lobby of Canterlot High, flinging your school bag over a shoulder. The bells had ranged for dismissal, and a herd of students ran past you.

All except for six girls.

Their arms stretched out and wrapped themselves around your body, pulling you into a warm hug. "(Y/N)!! Let's go to the Sweet Shoppe!" Pinkie Pie beamed at you. "Sweet Shoppe? Sure thing, bubblegum." You smiled and ruffled her bouffant hair.

The nickname was based off of Princess Bubblegum from a series called Adventure Time. Binge-watching the entire series in one sitting, Pinkie did this repetitively whenever she had the chance to do so. Catching her in the act, you had asked the drummer about her favorite character in which she replied it was the Ruler of the Candy Kingdom.

'Typical of Pinkie Pie to choose Princess Bubblegum as her favorite character. Maybe it's because she's the princess of the Candy Kingdom? I'm pretty sure that was part of the reason. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Pinkie Pie became the next Ruler of the Candy Kingdom.'

Not just that, Pinkie Pie held some resemblance to Princess Bubblegum. Both had similar color schemes – they're kind, good-hearted, comical, and also exhibit playful attitudes. Since then, Pinkie Pie has taken the nickname from you.

"Lead the way, darling!~" Rarity clung to your arm. "How about a race, AJ?" Rainbow nudges the farm girl's arm. "Alright then, but ya' better not cheat—" As soon as Applejack finishes her sentence, the light cerulean-ish gray-skinned athlete gives herself a head start.

"H-Hey! Come back here, Rainbow! That isn't fair! Alright...you're gonna get it now!" The bass guitarist chases after the electric guitarist.

You and the remaining four: Rarity, Pinkie, Sunset and Fluttershy, all share a look of confusion before laughing it off and trailing after the two racers. A week has passed since the Battle of the Bands and the encounter with Clodwal.

It seemed as though normality had crawled its way back into the lives of everyone, but...it wasn't entirely ordinary because of an extraordinary act; friendship was beginning to blossom into romance.

[~FLASHBACK~]

"Wow! I didn't think (Y/N) was fully loaded!" Rainbow had dollar signs in her eyes as she admires the cozy and luxurious habitation."Now isn't the time, Rainbow Dash! We need to get her inside!" Applejack reminds the athlete.

Sunset moved toward the door, inserting a spare key that you had given her. After unlocking the door, the light amber-skinned girl slid the frame open. Her friends carried you inside and Sunset led them towards her room.

Once they placed your unconscious self onto the red mattress, Rarity and Fluttershy went into the kitchen to fetch some refreshments; Applejack and Rainbow Dash had gone into your room to bring a fresh set of clothes; Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and Sunset sat on the lower half of the resilient material.

"Will she be okay..?" Pinkie whispered in a worried tone. In spite of the dangers, the brilliant rose-haired drummer usually kept herself in a jocular mood; however, after seeing the comatose state you were in, her cartoonish quirks were toned down.