(1) work life in a nutshell

Joslyn's pov

"Could you please get me the files from the cupboard thanks" I said to my best friend, Sydney.

My company was a well known wedding planner place. Weddings planning was something I had always wanted to do. It was my dream and I was glad that I was able to do my dream job.

Our office was located at the busy streets of Los Angeles. Everything was located there.
Food, hotels, parks, libraries, you name it, it probably is here.

Since young, I had always been saving up since my parents had been pretty much absent from our life. I had two jobs, four younger siblings and school work to manage. It was tough but I did it. Made a name for myself. My company, Roses Galore had been competing with quite a number of wedding planner businesses but thankfully we rose to the top and that's how I became a billionaire.

Our company didn't have lots of people compared to a usual big company. Janitors, managers, wedding planners plus Sydney and myself. We only had about twenty people here.  

Well, that's about it. I was jolted out from my thoughts when Sydney shouted at me. It may seem weird to some people but my best friend is just like that. That's just how we are.When someone new joined, I always emphasize on the motto, Respect everyone if you want to be respected.

"Dude, you are day dreaming again?!" She asked exasperated. Oh and I'm pretty antisocial so she is my only best friend. 😐 "Anyways, The two Mr Turner's have arrived and are in the meeting room" I gave her a nod and left. Before entering I straightened my shirt and pants before walking in confidently.

"Hi, sorry for the delay. Joslyn James, owner of Roses Galore" I said, straightening my arm for a handshake.

"Jerome Turner and my father Gabriel Turner" Jerome said in a deep yet somehow friendly tone as he stretched his hands out to shake hands. Also, did the same with Gabriel. I smiled as Sydney entered, muttering apologies for arriving late since she had helped me grabbed some documents.

She sometimes help me with my business but she does designing of brides and bridesmaids dresses as her job. She also has a store just right below us, nothing too fancy.

Jerome's pov

She was beautiful. Her blond locks which framed her face as she stood with such poise. I have heard of her legacy. Starting a business at the age of eighteen right after high school while balancing college and the company was impressive. And she had a cold exterior that showed no weakness.

"Well that is all for today. We shall continue this discussion tomorrow" She ended off smiling as she shook both my father and my hands before walking away with her assistant. Dammit. I just missed the whole meeting.

"Son, I can see you staring at her and I knew you weren't paying attention so I recorded it for you" My father told me, chuckling as he handed me the recorder.

My face felt hot as even my father realized. I wondered if Joslyn paid any attention to me. Shrugging the thought off, I then left the office, remembering the paper work and the family dinner later.

•••

After countless of paperwork, meetings and calls, I finally completed and left the office. I couldn't help but think about Joslyn. She was not only beautiful but smart. Had manners and always composed. Without knowing, I reached the mansion which I lived with my parents and siblings. Both my siblings were twins and twenty two, same age as Joslyn. Wait I really need to stop thinking about her. Greeting the maids and security guards, I went to my room to change before announcing my arrival.

"I'm home!" I announced to see my parents in a heated makeup session, startling them.

"Well how's work for you all" My mother asked, acting normal. My two siblings, Joanna and Josh were training to be vice ceo's of the company and thus my father was currently training them.