(19) family gatherings

5 months later

Third person's pov

Life's been great for everyone. To sum things up, everyone was living life to the fullest.

As for Lauren and Jimmy, the investigation took a good month to find them again. To make things even better, they were the leaders of the gang police had been wanting to catch for the longest time.

The Snakers were smart and sneaky, knowing the ins and outs of the police. But in the end. the cat and mouse chase ended, all having sentenced to prison.

Once that was announced, everyone heaved the sigh of relief, glad that it was finally over for real. The first time was a mistake on the police part and now increased security measures on them.

Today was the day both families would meet. It has been half a year since they were attached and it was time to officially meet their families.

Joslyn briefly explained to Julie, Gabriel and the twins about their family background and told them to bring it up in front of their siblings.

They complied and than dived into the details for the gathering happening this Friday.

Time seemed to pass fast as it was already Friday. Last night, Joslyn had been making some food for the mini gathering.

She decided to try a new recipe, chicken stir fry noodles but it was a challenge. Not because it was tough but Gavin was here. He kept trying to eat the ingredients, whether it was cooked or uncooked.

It was so bad she almost wanted to lock him in his room

To go along with it, she made some finger foods like fries and nuggets. Last but not least, she made jelly as a dessert.

She didn't make too much as she knew Julie was also making food and didn't want to make too much.

After that, she fell asleep, not before a face time with Jerome before falling into a deep sleep.

•••

She got up the earliest,

"Alden and Bethany help me grab the food and those gifts!" She yelled as she struggled with the pots of food. The two younger ones were already in the car, fighting over the leg room.

"Put it there" She instructed Alden and Bethany. "Thanks guys" She smiled, receiving a look of appreciation.

She then got into the car, ticked off everything in her mental checklist, making sure she forgot nothing.