(7) a nightmare

Joslyn's pov

I can't do this. My hands felt clammy and my heart was jumping in all sorts of places.

I can't do this. How can I be strong when my worst nightmare is back. My hands were shaking in fear. I tried taking deep breaths and luckily I managed to calm myself down. I fell asleep terrified, afraid that they would just pop out.

•••

Jerome's pov

Maybe I should find Joslyn today, I thought to myself. It had been awhile since we met and I just want to find an excuse to see her. I sound really love sick but who cares.

So that's what I did. At lunch time, I drove over to her place, expecting her to be sitting there in her office, probably munching on some snacks but she wasn't. She wasn't even here to begin with.

The thing about her place was that you could see her office clearly but only her receptionist, from the name tag- Sandra.

"Where is Joslyn?" I asked Sandra, to which she responded, "She took a day off" Which shocked me. Not that she couldn't but it didn't seem to be one to take days off. And I debated with myself. Should I visit her or not? In the end, I made up my mind.

•••

I arrived at her house and admired it for a few seconds. It was modern yet simple at the same time. Knocking on the door, I saw Alden and he had a surprised look on his face. Must not be expecting me.

"I heard your sister took a day off. Is she alright?" He looked pretty uncomfortable but still put up a forced smile. "She's okay. Just a slight cold. You want to come in?" Alden asked and I nodded.

"I'll show you to her room" And so off we went. As we walked, we had some small talk which eases the awkward tension between us.

"Hey Joslyn" I said as Alden opened the door than leaving me with her. "Are you okay?"

"Jerome?! That is unexpected" I could tell she wasn't actually sick but I just kept my mouth shut. Could be personal matters, I reasoned.

There was a minute of awkward silence before I decided to break it. "How are you?" I asked and she just gave me a nod and smiled as a response.

"So, what brings you here?" She questioned, adding a teasing tone. "Just heard you were feeling under the weather... Thought I would stop by and visit you"

We just spent the last ten minutes talking about random things before I realized it was 2pm. I had to go back to work.

"Bye!" I said as she waved back to me.

Joslyn's pov

I'm not mad that he came surprisingly. After I received the phone call, Alden barged into my room. I guess sibling connection. He knew something was up so I just blurted everything out. I didn't tell the rest yet. I knew they feared my parents so it was best to keep them in the dark.

To make matters worse, I just got my period today and my hormones are sky rocketing. Not in a good way.

I got my private investigator friend, Jeremey. Yes I have lots of friends who start with the letter 'J'. No biggie. I got him to help me do a thorough check on my parents.

I haven't received anything yet but I know I could count on Jeremy. "How are you sis?" To which I just nodded, extremely exhausted from yesterday and today's events. "Just act normal till I get more information from Jeremy. I will also increase security and also always send them all to and fro from school, just as a precaution" Instructing Alden, he nodded in agreement.

Speaking of the devil, my phone rang with the contact Jeremy blinking. "I just finished digging everything about them. I'll send you the information as a soft copy. Take a look" Jeremy explained as I thanked him and ended the call.

By now, this is around 2pm so I decided to prepare lunch for them. Acting normal is just my forte. Cooking helps me to relieve stress which is what I was doing now. Chopping the onion, I simultaneously boiled some noodles and was making my famous pasta. It was a black pepper sauce with onions on the side. To top it off, there was some salmon on the side. The thought of it just made my stomach rumble. Alden had went to fetch them in case if you were wondering.

After that, I looked through the files from Jeremy and found out about their location. They were currently residing at an abandoned building. Also, I found out they were leaders of a gang- The Snackers oh wait I mean The Snakers. Hehe.

I wanted to call the police but not sure if I should. Maybe I should ask Alden. Ya I should. I just kept the information to myself and only tell the rest, excluding Alden since he already knows, probably once everything is okay.

>>>

It had been a few days since everything. I went to work as per normal with Jerome visiting me a couple of times with the excuse of 'lunch' which definitely lift up my spirits. I don't know what is this feeling of longingness whenever Jerome left or was not here. You love him, my sub conscious stated. Do I? Am I?

Things are going much better now that the police have been notified of the situation. They were taking things slow and trying to figure a plan of ambush. It might take some time but at least I knew my family and I were safe.

"FAMILY MEETING IN THE LIVING ROOM!" I yelled from my room which thankfully everyone heard. My throat kinda hurts after yelling. "So, I have something to tell you guys. Please don't get scared okay? Everything is under control" Taking a breath, I began.

"Remember when I didn't go to work the other day?" To which they nodded. "I received a call the day before and it was from Lauren and Jimmy. But don't worry everything is under control. The police are involved and they are taking them back to prison" I ended off. Thank the lord they weren't angry or whatever. In fact, we had a family hug and then went on with our day.

Let's just say my family has a mood...

~~~
hey angels!! welcome to another chapter!! hope you like it. this chapter took awhile to get it done. not proud of it but oh well. thank you to tummie07  for your support 🥰🥰 and thank you to the silent readers and we hit... drumroll- 135 reads and 12 votes!!!! 💜

fun fact 7: 20 March is snowman burning day ⛄️

question of the day: favorite movie?
  - my answer: lol I don't have one 🤪

-1065 words-