(15) papa-paparazzi

Joslyn's pov 

I stepped out of the car and felt cameras pointing in all sorts of directions. I felt exposed in a way.

"What is your relationship status with Jerome"

"Why are you together? Money or love?"

"How's the s3x?"

That question made me laugh in my head. As if we even had it in the first place.

The security in the building helped out with the crowd and I managed to get into the building. "Sydddd! I'm here!!!" I sang and there came Sydney tumbling down.

"Hey Lynn. How's the crowd?" Sydney said as she munched on a bag of chips.

"Terrible" That was all I could say. "There's so much people crowing around. I feel just stopping business for a day and just do paper work or something"

"Oh well, we gotta find a dress for Mrs Kayes. She said that the previous one was too tight for her. I think she's pregnant and postponed the wedding"

"Alright let's go!" I said as we head right on into the dress shop"

Meanwhile in another universe...

Jerome's pov

"Yo how do I enter the building? The building is swamped with paparazzi" I was in my car, talking to the  head security guard who was thinking of a solution.

"I'll have a set of body guards to hold the paparazzi and another set to guard you? How does that sound?" He proposed. I nodded but then realized he can't see me so I agreed.

With a signal, I stepped out of the car and paparazzi immediately flooded to where I was. Luckily, the security team had already came to me and the rest trying to hold the crowd.

Along the way, I heard multiple questions from the paparazzi:

"Is it an arranged relationship?"

"Aren't you gay?"

"Why are you avoiding the press?"

I'm surprised by how loud they are. Probably they had megaphones and everyone chanted together.

"The crowd is crazy" My father's voice broke the silence. I nodded in agreement. "Anyways, I came around to check up on you and see the twins progress.

They wanted to start their own business and Alden, Joslyn's brother wants to help out here. He's coming over soon. I have to go now before your mom takes my food.

Oh ya and your mom asked me to bring lunch for you so eat it"

What a family I and part of, I thought and chucked to myself.

Just then, I heard a knock on the door and it was Alden.

"Hey dude" We did a bro hug and a handshake we came up with on the spot right now. Benefits of being a bro. Just kidding y'all.

"Alright let's get down to business" I joked around and he laughed at me or maybe the weird accent I tried to imitate. Not too sure...

But in all seriousness, we did lots of things and soon lunch time rolled around. Alden had to leave as he was going on a date later on.

Just then, my phone rang and I saw the caller id, 'babe❤️' and I immediately picked it up, knowing it was Joslyn.

"Heyyy can we do face time? I wanna see your face" I suggested and she teased me, "Didn't you see me like a few hours ago?"

"Your point being?" I was genuinely curious as I didn't think it was a problem but in the end
she did accept and we changed it to a face time.

"What are you eating for lunch?" She asked me. To be honest, I hadn't thought of lunch at all but I do remember my dad bringing a box of food from home so I'll eat it.

"Heyyyyy. You good there?" She sang which broke me out of my trance. I just nodded, reassuring her.

"Gimme a sec. I need to grab my food real quick" We both said at the same time, making us both crack up.

"Be right back" I told her as she also got up from her seat. From the pantry, I saw a lunchbox that had 'Jerome' written on it.

When I came back, Joslyn had already started eating her food and she looked embarrassed when she realized I caught her.

As the face time went on, we chatted and I couldn't help but snap a few pictures of her secretly without her knowing.

In one of the pictures I managed to take a picture of her enjoying her food with some sauces on her nose. It was super cute.

"How's work?" She asked with a cute eyes staring into mine. "It's good. Your brother came in today to help me cause my father got his professor to help me" I laughed at my father's antics.

"Oh yaaaaa. I remember him telling me the other day" She replied with a small smile on her face.

"Oh golly. I got a phone call. Sorry but I got to go. Byeee Romey" She said, sounding sad but still gave me an air kiss.

I returned the action before ending the call. Well now it's work time! Since now we both work together as partners, we have been making more money.

Recently, a person by the name of Colton Harris contacted both of us, wanting to work together and have a fun partnership- To make many ideal wedding venues.

It was a very simple idea but would definitely be successful plan in the future. After not much deliberation with Joslyn in the call, we agreed to the offer.

Right now, I am having my assistant email him back and hopefully we can organize a meeting and have everything already as fast as possible.

While waiting for his reply, I started on my work by looking through different contracts and business offers, all that jazz.

Just then, there was a knock on my door and I replied with a 'come in', to which my assistant, Gregory told me everything.

"Mr Harris said that he's overseas, on a work trip for a week and would be back next Wednesday so he proposed for the following Monday"

"Okay sounds good Gregory. Please add it to my schedule. Thanks" I said to him and he nodded before leaving my office.

Half way through my work, all of a sudden the door opened again. For a spilt second I legit thought the door was alive and opened itself.

Well that's what I get for reading too much paranormal articles.

But what I saw broke my heart: Joslyn was crying and looked like she wanted a big fat hug.

What was going on?
~~~
hey y'all!! sorry for late update... i have been busy with community stuff and i also had no motivation but hope you enjoy this chapter and a small cliff hanger 🤪

fun fact 15: banging your head against the wall burns 150 calories... 🤕

question of the chapter(qotc): what's your horoscope?
  - my answer: gemini ♊️

-1090 words-