(2) just family things

Joslyn's pov

I trudged home after parking my car. Sydney had just dropped me off to find her boyfriend, Matt. I live with my younger siblings, Alden, Bethany, Weston and Gavin. Where are our parents you ask? Well they are both in prison. I did mention a little bit let me explain more.

When I was eighteen and old enough to take everyone's custody, I reported them to the police and there was a lawsuit. Thankfully, we won and we lived happily ever since. My brother, Alden also is currently training in my company. He's currently undergoing training as he wants to be a business man. Only Sydney knows about my family background.

And why did I report to the police, my parents did something horrible to my siblings and I. To add on, they had committed multiple crimes. Let's just say they would be in jail for a long time.

Flashback (when Joslyn was 13)

School life was tough. Alden was pretty popular while I was a loner. We were also pretty low in income and I had started working odd jobs to support the family. I can we have different ways on coping with our family issues.

There was a new girl in class. She was everything I wished I could be. From her long and luscious hair to her bright blue eyes, she was so pretty. Her hair was held back with a rubber band, in a half up half down hairstyle. She didn't have bruises. She didn't have scars. She didn't have wounds. She seemed strong. Something I really wanted to be.

"Joslyn!" The math teacher, Mrs David, called me. "What's the answer?"

"Um- ah..." I stuttered as the class bursted into fits of laughter. However only that new girl didn't laugh. In fact, she gave me an encouraging look, making me emboldened.

"What's the question Mrs David?" I asked politely.

"What's the answer to question seven?" She said. She was also not angry. In fact, she was more reassuring, which i was glad.

"Oh a, $155" I answered as she gave me a smile and nod before proceeding with the class. At the end of my lesson, I went and thank the new girl.

"Hi, just want to say thanks" I told her shyly. I was such an introvert.

"Oh no problem. I'm Sydney!" She exclaimed, hugging me too tightly, causing me to wince pretty loudly. She must have heard me since she looked at me shocked.

"What's wrong?" She asked, concern written all over her face. Unable to keep my fake face on, I bursted into tears, bringing her to the toilet as I told her about my family, unable to hide anymore. Surprising how I just told her everything despite just meeting her once.

She comforted me and since then we have been best friends. Her parents also knew and constantly lend my brother and I a helping hand. She really was a life saver.

Flashback over

"Hey guys!" I said as I hugged the rest of my siblings. The maids helped to make dinner while I changed out of my clothes.

We had a good time bonding, before I went back to my room and relax for a night.

Friday

Today, the two Turner's were coming back for some deals. It was currently 9.40am and my brother, Alden would be joining me with the meeting as he wanted to also start his own business and wants to learn from me as I have said earlier.

"You nervous?" I asked. He nodded. I could see his sweaty palms and looking around quickly.

"The Turner's are here" Cindy told us as we nodded before entering the meeting room.