(4) dinner at a fAncy placE

Joslyn's pov

Let's just say that was the most embarrassment I have ever felt in my life. Periodt. Full stop. I ate in super speed while Jerome helped me clean up. I flushed red seeing how I made the mess yet he cleaned it up.

"So" I said, trying to break the silence and pretended nothing happened, "Why are you here?"

"Oh er" It was now his turn to get flustered. "Just wanted to pop by since I was nearby"

I just nodded. I didn't know what to say. I guess you could tell I am awkward, like super awkward.

"So" I said.

"So" He said at the same time, causing us to crack up.

"Want to go for dinner later? I will pick you up at 6 for an early dinner" Jerome suggested.

"Why not?" I replied as a smile was plastered on his face. "Alright! See you soon!"

I texted the family chat about my plans for tonight and Alden would be the head of the household for today since it was usually me.

Alden also usually helped picked them up since he was still chilling and trying to learn business through courses and me so he has lots of free time.

Well now it was back to work. I made sure everyone was okay and doing well. After that, I checked the finances and checked in with the financial manger who was in charge as stated in the name, finances. Good thing everything was alright.

Soon after taking a short break, I began checking in with Cindy and arranged the multiple list of things to do for the different weddings.

I love making lists of things and cancelling it after finishing it. Is it just me or no? It's the most satisfying thing to me.

"Hello Ms daydream" Cindy tried to get my attention but it was harder that usual. My bad habit was to daydream and Cindy tends to call me 'Ms daydream' well because the name says so- I day dream a lot. And I mean a lot. But somehow I can't seem to stop, my mind kept drifting to Jerome and the dinner date.

Wait... did I say date?! Damm it this is affecting my work. "Sorry Cindy, let me go wash my face first" I gave a random excuse and she bought it, thank god.

Okay Joslyn, stop thinking about Jerome. You have work to do and don't get distracted by him, I talked to myself mentally, looking at myself in the mirror.

Once I got out of the washroom, I was now able to focus and work till 6 which was when Jerome would come. Everyone else was getting ready to leave and I was glad. Since I would also be leaving, I packed my bag and waited at the curb for Jerome.

Suddenly, a shiny black car screeched and the windows were down and I saw Jerome. He gestured for me to get in his car so that's what I did.

"So... where are we going?" I inquired, breaking the awkward silence.

"You'll see" He just responded me. "What's your favorite color?" And I looked at him like he was crazy. "What? We are both awkward so let's find out things about each other so we don't feel awkward"

He did make a good point so I just agreed. And thank the lord I did because I found many hilarious and embarrassing incidents about him.

I found out that he has broke his two front tooth as he jumped off his sibling's double decker bed. He also has a secret talent- he could solve a rubix cube in a few seconds. In second grade, he thought humans can fly too and he pretended to fly in class but obviously failed and became the laughing. This is just the tip of the iceberg. He has too many embarrassing moments.