(20) exposing relationships

Joslyn's pov

"I'm kinda nervous..." I whispered into Jerome's ear. We were now currently at the resting room, the press conference venue just outside to use to address our relationship and all that jazz.

Last month, we planned a press conference because of the overwhelming crowd and speculation and announced it just a week ago.

It wasn't something I have done before and I had no idea what to expect. I had a slight fear of public speaking which only grows with the large amount of crowds.

I am okay speaking to my company mainly because there's not a lot of people but I always sucked at public speaking in front of like many people.

"Don't worry okay. I will be with you" Jerome comforted me but I still felt nervous. Got to suck it up though.

"Mr Turner and Ms James, you may enter the room now" Henry, the security guard alerted us. He gave me a reassuring hug and a squeeze before we entered.

The moment the door opened, I could see paparazzi swarming around us, trying to ask us questions. There was also some fan girls of Jerome who held signs.

The few loud and prominent questions/opinions got me questioning my existence at some point. Some of these being,

"How's the s3x life?"

"Y'all are ugly"

"I guarantee that y'all won't last"

"I love you"

These were just some of the questions/opinions they shouted, thinking we would actually take the time to respond to them.

Flashes of cameras were blinding me and it sucked. I was squashed in between Jerome and one other security guard.

Despite it being a good 2 minutes walk, it felt way too long. "Come on" He whispered and nudged me to move to the table.

"Attention everyone!" Jerome said into the microphone in front of us which caught everyone's attention.

"This press conference is just to address everything that everyone has speculated and clear everything once and for all.

I for one don't appreciate such commentary and rumors like how it is all fake, just for money, etc.

First, we are together not because of an arranged marriage but because of love" Jerome started off.

"I also don't appreciate harassments towards both myself and Joslyn so hopefully this will be the first and last time that we have to hold a press conference.

We will be answering a few questions before we leave" Jerome went on. I kinda zoned out half way, thinking about food. Don't judge. A woman's eat.

This whole thing went on for about a good half an hour, with me talking when needed. I was getting hungrier by the minute and I needed food right now.

Thankfully, there was little to no more questions left and it ended within an hour. I was glad as my stomach was practically eating itself.

"Honey, honey!" Jerome said, jolting me out of my thoughts. "Can we eat?" I asked immediately.

He chucked at my antics but nodded. "Come on" He held his hand out which I took as he led me to the car.

"So where do you plan to go?" He asked me and I pondered over it. "How about I cook my famous pasta. It contains salmon on the side with black pepper and onion" He agreed.

To be honest,  I didn't expect myself to even suggest it. I was pretty hungry but I guess he deserved to try it.

But off we went to my place where the ingredients were.

•••

"Wow!! This is so amazing!!" Jerome exclaimed with joy, clearly satisfied with the food for lunch.

I chortled happily, super glad that he liked it. I was scared that it wouldn't suit his palate. "Can you make more of this please. Like everyday for my lunch?" He suggested, giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"I'll try" His eyes lit up. "But don't get your hopes high. I'll try and find other alternatives to satisfy this" As if he was a kid whose parent agreed to buying them candy, he beamed.

"Come on, I have something to show you. We need to drive out" He said right after clearing the dishes. "Okayy. But let me go change real quick"

I was just in a regular shirt and pants after changing from the formal clothing. "Where are we going?" I shouted since I was far away from him.

"It's a surprise! Just wear something casual!" He answered back. Hm okay, time to find something cute, I muttered to myself.

In a flash, I put on a two piece green shirt and pants and had my hair done slightly curled, deciding to put on a pair of sunglasses.

"You look so beautiful!" He complimented as I came down, placing his hand possessively around my waist.

"Let's go!" He nudged me. Being a gentleman, he opened the door for me. "Chivalry isn't that" He commented and winked before getting into the car.

It was just a short ten minutes drive and we ended up in front of a garden. It was a different garden from where we usually went.

Along the ride, I pestered him a few times, trying to get answers from him. I noticed that he always loves to surprise him.

As much as I love it, I hate the fact that I never no what's going on till it's revealed.

It was still very pretty but it didn't seem like there was anyone here. I was still a little curious as to what was going on.

I expected something like how Mr and Mrs Winters are doing, a couple tending to the garden.

But what made it different was the facilities around here. There was malls, schools, all that jazz. Compared to Mr and Mrs Winters, it was more convenient.

Although by now I should know something was up, my stupid brain could not process and understand something was going on.

"Jerome why are we here? Don't we usually go to Mr and Mrs Winter garden? I had no clue-" I begin ranting till I see Jerome holding a sign.

"Will you-"
~~~
AND, that's a wrap. 20 chapters of craziness going on. i'm super proud of myself for completing 2 books this year alone!! also thank you for 1k reads ❤️❤️ love you all so much! enjoy the cliff hanger 🤪

next off is the epilogue. my aim is to finish it by this year so i can start the new year with a new book!

right after the epilogue i will be publishing the new chapter!! more on the stories future will be explained soon 💓💓

also merry christmas to those who celebrate 🥳

fun fact 20: The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12,000 dollars 😆🍕

QOTC: what happens next?

-1013 words-