(8) we don't talk anymore

Third person's pov

Life has been great for both parties. For Joslyn, the police managed to catch her parents and Jerome was much happier with the daily meetings with Joslyn.

They both knew something was up but of course Joslyn still had insecurities and doubts on herself.

"Hey! I can't make it today for lunch but how about dinner?" Joslyn apologized to Jerome for the nth time. He agreed and set it as 6pm.

Jerome had plans to ask Joslyn to be his girlfriend tonight later. He had actually wanted to cancel on her so he could do it at night during dinner. Turns out, god played a big role and he didn't even have to say anything.

Lets just pray for Jerome that Joslyn says yes...

•••

"Are we there yet? Where are we going?" Joslyn asked, nervous. She was currently blindfolded in a car with Jerome and he was apparently surprising her. Of course she didn't think of much but there was a hidden agenda behind his moves.

Joslyn hates the thought of not being in control. Not that she loved it but it gives her a sense of comfort knowing that everything was under control so this was something new to her.

Jerome also knew she felt uncomfortable and kept reassuring her that they were reaching soon. He just hope she would say yes.

A good ten minutes later, they had arrived at their destination. It was a open field area with just a table and chair for them. Alongside, there were staff accompanied.

"Okay. You can remove your blindfold now" The time finally came for the blindfold to be removed. Almost to eagerly, she ripped the blindfold and her eyes went towards the beautiful set up. Her jaws dropped and eyes widened at the beautiful sight of it.

"Omg- Jerome- I" She was too shell shocked to even articulate her thoughts. Jerome was scared. He had no idea whether she like it. Joslyn seemed to have heard his thoughts, well probably by his face as she said, "I love it", letting him heave a sigh of relief.

With everything going as plan, he just had one last step- the question. "So what's on today's menu?" She asked teasingly. "Food" He teased back, causing Joslyn to pout.

Just then, the scrumptious smell of the food wafted through the air. It was a fancy pizza to put it simply. The toppings had seafood and cheese with mariana sauce as the main course. For the appetizers, there were some potato strips and some chicken wings. Both of them dug in, chatting and joking with one another.

Now it was Jerome's turn to get nervous. This was his first time doing such a thing for anyone, let alone a lady.

"Joslyn, one more thing. I know this might seem fast. Heck we only knew each other for a few months but I can't help but feel something towards you.

Will you be my girlfriend?" He held his breath, anticipation riding up. Joslyn knew that he was nervous to say the least. As much as she wanted to say yes, she couldn't.

Who would want a girl with so many problems. Starting from her sleeping issues, she couldn't sleep soundly without worrying for her siblings. Her finances was also something to worry about. Yes she had the money but there were a lot of money towards their education.

Also, she had mommy daddy problems, you know. Parents' in jail, becoming the parent of the family. Responsibilities are heavy for her.

To make matter worse, her past experiences kind of damaged her. Her so called 'friends' were not really well friends.

"I'm sorry Jerome but I can't. Look you will find someone better than me. Someone who doesn't have scars, problems, issues. Someone who is carefree" With that she left Jerome speechless, a tear trickling down her cheek.

"But I love you for who you are..." He muttered.

•••

"But-"

"But what Lyn" Sydney was over at her place, chatting with her about what happened in the evening. "You know you are amazing right. Don't let your past memories and enemies dictate your life.

I know your life when you were younger was not the best, but please Lyn please, don't let all of these insecurities get to you"

Joslyn sat there thinking about everything. Should she give him a chance?

Meanwhile...

Jerome was drinking a can of beer, looking out into the sky. He wasn't in the best mood, I mean everyone could tell. Slamming the door multiple times, not bothering to greet his parents and sighing every single time. I mean even a blind person could tell he was in a terrible mood. No shade to blind people, you are awesome!!

"Son, what's the matter?" Gabriel asked, patting his back. He sighed once before he explained the whole story.

"I like this girl but she doesn't, well she doesn't want to be in a relationship with me. She say she has problems but I don't care. I just want her as mine.

But she say she can't. I don't know what to do" He poured everything out to his father who listened to every detail carefully.

"Have you tried thinking in her point of view. Think about her feelings, problems that she have. Put yourself in her shoes okay?" Gabriel suggested and slowly walked away.

Jerome just sat on the chair, thinking about everything that his father said. Maybe his father was right. He didn't even try to think about Joslyn's feelings and felt like a horrible person.

While Jerome was in deep thought, Gabriel had just returned back to his room to see his beautiful wife, Julie.

"What's the matter with Rome?" Julie asked, concern written all over her face. Of course she knew something was up, her sixth sense was strong. It was probably something with the girl from their last heart to heart talk.

"Relationship problems. He had a hard time trying to get the girl to like him. They both have lots of issues individually.

I just gave him some advice and things to think about. Just hope that it will help" With that, Julie felt more at ease as Gabriel explained.

Gabriel couldn't help but think how similar both of their situation was. Same thing, communication. When they were younger, they had a similar issues.

Julie had thought Gabriel was just trying to play her but he was serious. After thinking in each other's perspective and communicating with one another, they resolved it and look where it brought them. Still happily married after 25 years and made 3 kids.

This just shows how important communication is.

Now let's just hope things go well for both for them. Hope.
~~~
hey everyone!!! welcome back to another chapter. hope you enjoy it. don't we love the pep talks? hope you are all well and staying safe. i definitely will be uploading more since school is over ✌🏻thank you for 162 reads!!! please help a gal out and click the little star.

fun fact 8: it snowed in Sahara desert for  30 minutes on 18 February 1979 ☀️❄️

question of the day: how's life?
  - my answer: great 🙃

-1118 words-

Peace ✌🏻