Chapter Two: Complete

Anna groaned - her shoulders being shoved painfully into the bricks of the fireplace as Fred and George appeared on top of her - crushing her. They had just used the Floo Network to get Harry, but evidently, the Dursley’s were not familiar with the concept, as they had blocked their fireplace so they couldn’t even get out of the chimney.

“Ouch! Fred! Get off me!” Anna shouted as another weight came down on her back, and she was forced to her knees. “Come on!” She yelled up, and there was a bunch of resounding ‘Sorry, Anna!’s. “Maybe Harry can hear us, Dad. Maybe he’ll be able to let us out.” George suggested, and they began to pound on the wooden boards.

“Harry? Harry, can you hear us?” Mr. Weasley called out loudly. There was a long silence before they heard a knock on the other side. “Mr. Weasley? Can you hear me?” Harry’s muffled voice came through. “Shh!” Mr. Weasley said, straining to hear him. “Mr. Weasley, it’s Harry. The fireplace has been blocked up. You won’t be able to get through there.” He said.

“Damn!” Mr. Weasley shouted. “What on earth did they want to block up the fireplace for?” He asked. “They’ve got an electric fire!” Harry explained. “Really? Eclectic, you say? With a plug? Gracious, I must see that...let’s think-” But Mr. Weasley was cut off by another series of ‘ouch’s as Ron popped in.

“What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?” He asked in confusion. “Oh no, Ron.” Fred said sarcastically. “This is exactly where we wanted to end up.” He rolled his eyes. “Yeah, we’re having the time of our lives here.” George said, half of his face squished against the bricks. Anna couldn’t blame them - she was pretty pissed too.

“Boys, boys, boys!” Mr. Weasley chastised them. “I’m trying to think of what to do...Yes...only way..Stand back Harry!” He shouted at the end as he took out his wand. There was a loud bang, and everyone rolled out of the fireplace. Anna was only good that when she rolled, she ended up on her feet - making her look a lot more athletic than she actually was. If there was anyone she wanted to intimidate and not look foolish in front of, it was her Aunt, Uncle, and cousin.

“That’s better.” Mr. Weasley panted as he straightened his glasses. He turned to Petunia and Vernon. “Ah! You must be Harry and Anna’s Aunt and Uncle!” Anna couldn’t stop the loud cough that escaped her lips. While they legally were her aunt and uncle, Anna didn’t like to refer to them that way. She called them Horse-face, Anger Issues, and Whale.

“Harry,” She said with a smile and slight squeal as she ran up to embrace her brother. For some reason, when the Weasley’s had offered to take Harry in too, Dumbledore had insisted Harry stay with the Dursley’s - though Harry had privately told her that he was also sort of glad for Dumbledore’s input, because the Weasley’s had already done more than enough for them.

When they separated, he wore a large smile. “How was the move?” He asked softly, and Anna just shrugged. “It was okay. We managed to get enough stuff out for me to live, and the authorities not to notice missing.” She said nonchalantly.

Whale - or Dudley - suddenly appeared in the room, still hiding behind his parents. “Ah, this is your cousin, isn’t it?” He asked, trying to start a conversation. “Right. This is Wha-Dudley.” She corrected herself as Harry bit back a smile - knowing her nicknames for the family.

Just on time, Fred and George had finally come down with Harry’s trunk. “Ah, right.” Mr. Weasley said, rubbing his hands together. “Better get cracking then.” He pushed back the sleeves of his robes and took out his wand. “Incendio!” He said, and flames rose in the fireplace once more. He took a small emerald pouch from his pocket, throwing a bit of powder in the fireplace, causing the flames to turn emerald green.

“Off you go then, Fred.” Mr. Weasley. “Coming!” Fred said, skipping towards the flames when a bag of sweets spilled out of his pocket. “Oh no, hang on.” He said, picking up less than half of what had slipped from his pocket. He gave a small wink before running into the flames - where he disappeared.

Horse-face-or Aunt Petunia shuddered. “Right then, George. You and the trunk.” Mr. Weasley said, and with a second woosh, George has also vanished. “Ron, you next.” Mr. Weasley said. “See you!” He said brightly to the Dursleys, stepping into the fire before disappearing. It was only Mr. Weasley, Anna, and Harry left.

“Let’s go, Harry.” Anna said, and the two of them were about to go when Mr. Weasley stopped them - looking at the Dursley’s in amazement. “Anna, isn’t this your first time seeing your aunt and uncle in years? You haven’t even said hello.” He said as Anna chuckled darkly. “Mr. Weasley, they’re the reasons why I was in the foster system in the first place. They don’t want me to say hello.”

She then stepped into the flames, but before she went, she saw Whale gagging on something before their house was replaced by the burrow, and she stepped out to greet the others - Harry right behind her. “Did he eat it?” Fred asked excitedly, pulling Harry to his feet.  

“Yeah. What was it?” He asked in confusion, and Fred smiled brightly. “Ton-Tongue Toffee. George and I invented them, and we’ve been looking for someone to test them on all summer..” He trailed off, and the kitchen exploded with laughter.

Anna smiled to herself privately. This was the only piece missing in her new life. Harry. For the first time in weeks, Anna felt complete.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's okay to be a glowstick - sometimes we have to break before we shine."
  ~ Jadah Sellner