5

A/N so, i was originally writing a pool chapter. but I read Byakuya's profile on that danganronpa fandom website, and he actually likes pool games! so i'm now rewriting it. I could totally publish the other one as an extra chapter, but we'll see. this is also gonna be Makoto

Makoto's POV

It was the weekend, and Aoi wanted us all to spend time at the pool as a class. We all decided to go except Chihiro, because she wasn't feeling well.

I already changed into my swim trunks, so I grabbed my towel and headed to the pool. Aoi and Sakura were already there, racing each other across the pool. Junko and Mukuro had arrived as the same time as me, and a few other boys were swimming.
I did a huge cannonball into the pool, shivering as I swam back up in the slightly chilly water. I emerged from the surface, gasping for air and grinning. I hadn't realized how much I missed swimming. I paddled over to the shallow end to hear a chuckle above me.
I looked at Byakuya, standing at the edge of the pool.
"What are you laughing at?" I asked, somewhat annoyed.
"You look stupid," he replied.
"That's what you do in a pool though! You're supposed to have fun! Come on, jump in!" I nodded at him.
"Oh, alright," he said. He placed his towel on a chair carefully, then walked over to the steps to get in.
I stopped him. "No. Go cannonball." I pointed at the deep end.
"No way," he snorted.
"Come on, do it. I'll go with you," I said.

I grabbed his hand and he followed me- more like I dragged him- over to the deep end.
"On the count of three, okay? I'll hold your hand."
"Ugh no, you don't have to do that," he said, looking away. But he didn't let go.
"Okay, 1...."
"2..."
"3!"
We jumped into the pool, hand in hand. I released his hand as we sank to the bottom of the pool. We swam back up and I heard... laughter.
"Byakuya?"
"That was... fun!" He laughed.

I think Byakuya's sick.

We rested in the shallow end, and Byakuya was smiling.
"I assume you liked that?" I asked.
"Yes, very much," he replied.
"You have a cute laugh," I murmured.
Byakuya turned red. "What?" He asked.
"Oh nothing."

I felt someone tap my shoulder.
"Mukuro? Oh, hi!" I said.
"Hey. Me and Junko are having a water gun fight, would you like to join?" She asked in her quiet voice.
"Of course!" I replied. "Let's go get the others."
We grabbed the rest of the class. We split up into boys and girls for teams.
"Man, the girls have more people! Not fair!" Hagakure whined.
"Don't worry, we will crush them!" Mondo growled.
"Alright, people! You get shot, you're out! Last team standing wins! Get your water guns!" Junko shouted, swiveling around to point to a bin on the left. We all scrambled out to get first pick. I grabbed one that looked small but it could quickly reload. I saw the others grabbing ones that stored water inside, and ones that could shoot multiple streams of water at a time. They even had the plain foam ones with bright colors. It surprised me to see such a variety of water guns in a school.

We all lined up at the ends of the pool.
Junko started shouting again.
"Ready..."
"Set..."
"FIRE!"
We splashed around, some shooting from a distance, others sneaking up on the other team from behind. I tried firing at Kyoko, but she simply moved aside, dodging the water and shooting down Hifumi. I was surprised at her aim. I should probably watch out for her, and Mukuro, too, who seemed to be shooting and dodging at the speed of light.

I dodged constant attacks from the girls, also managing to shoot Sayaka in the arm. She glared at me and stomp-splashed to the other people who were out. I knew she wouldn't stay mad for long though.

I spotted Byakuya at the other side of the pool. I splashed over to him.
"Hey," I whispered. "Let's take down Kyoko together. She's a tough target."
"Okay, you get up close to her and fire repeatedly at her, and I'll get her from the back as she's distracted. Careful not to get hit though," he agreed.
I did what he said, firing and ducking at Kyoko in what seemed to be a 1v1 battle. As soon as she was occupied attacking me, Byakuya fired from behind. She opened her mouth in shock and glided towards the out zone.
She turned back one more time and narrowed her eyes at me in a I'll-get-you-next-time kind of way.

I reached over to Byakuya and held out my hand for a high five.
"Makoto, what are you doing?" Byakuya asked me, confused.
I gaped at him. "No one has ever high-fived you?!"
"No, that's a childish thing to do," he responded.
"Just... slap my palm. That's a high five."
He slapped my palm and chuckled. "That was... okay, I guess."
He held out his hand, and i high-fived him, smiling.

We teamed up to defeat Junko and Celestia. Leon managed to shoot Aoi, and there were only a few girls left.

But Mukuro was fast. She singlehandedly shot Taka, Hagakure, and finally Byakuya. Soon everyone except me and her were standing. It was a one on one battle. She fired rapidly, but I ducked underwater for safety. The boys were cheering for me.
"Go Makoto!" Said Hagakure.
"You better win this!" Said Mondo.
"Do your best, Makoto," Byakuya said.
I fired at Mukuro but she slipped past every attack of mine. I couldn't sneak up on her, either, as her eyes were focused on me. We attacked each other, but we both dodged each other. It was getting almost boring.

I slipped underwater to try to think of a plan. Mukuro would see me if I swam underwater to sneak attack her, the water was really clear. Of course, she's a fast dodger, but I am too. I thought about different ways I could manage to hit her, but I couldn't figure out any good plans.

That's when I realized I had been underwater too long. My brain started getting fuzzy, and the world around me darkened. I slipped out of consciousness, hearing someone say my name.

"Makoto!"