6

A/N man I hope y'all like this chapter. it's a little more naegami stuff, just needed a bit of plot bc there's like no plot here. also, my keyboard is gLitchy, so please tell me if anything is weird or stuff. anyway, here's your story.

Makoto's POV

I woke up with a headache. I was in a warm bed, and my face was smushed against some sort of warm fabric. I think someone's arms were wrapped around me. It was nice, aside from the headache. But I had to move at some point. I carefully slid out of the person's arms and sat up. I was in my room, and I looked down to see who had been in the bed with me, and I saw-

"Byakuya?!"
He slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes.
"Makoto!" He said, wrapping me in a hug. I awkwardly patted him on his back.
"Byakuya, are you okay?" I whispered.
He pulled away, and I got a good look at him. His eyes looked puffy and red, as if he'd been crying.
"I-I thought we lost you," Byakuya said, looking down. "You're the closest friend I've got. I can't lose another one," he muttered.
I tilted my head at him. Byakuya had never shown that much emotion, but now he looked on the verge of tears. I took his hands.
"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. Is something wrong?" I said softly.
"No..." he replied, trailing off. He slipped off of the bed, smoothing out his suit and hair and placing his glasses back on. I got up and combed a hand through my hair, and my and Byakuya headed to the Dining Hall, where I assumed the others were.

As we stepped in, Aoi immediately dashed over to me and gave me a hug.
"Yay! You're awake!" She said happily.
"How long was I asleep? And why was Byakuya in my bed?" I asked her.
"You were asleep for almost a day. Togami was oddly really worried about you. Didn't leave your side for a second. Why he was in your bed... I don't know," Asahina said.
"I was concerned about our classmate's health. I was quite tired, that's why I was in his bed," Byakuya replied. I glanced at him and the sad Byakuya was gone. He was back to his normal, rude self.

He was like Kyoko. Hiding away his feelings under a mask. But not a quiet mask, a rude, arrogant mask. I had... unlocked a different part of Byakuya by getting hurt.

But the question was, why did he care so much?
....
Of course, the water gun fight was declared a tie due to me almost drowning.
We all went back to our dorms before bed, but I was slightly worried about Byakuya. It seemed like something triggered that little breakdown. Maybe... something in his past?

New Message
Byakuya Togami
You
I'm here if you want to talk.
Read 10:23

I sighed. Maybe another day.

Time skip to next day after breakfast- Makoto's dorm

Ping!
My phone screen lit up as I entered my room.

New message from Byakuya Togami:
Library. 10 minutes.

Good, maybe he would open up a little. I closed the door to my room and walked to the library. Byakuya was there already, reading a book as usual. I sat down next to him at the table and he was silent for a second. Then he began talking.

"I told you before- how my family is competition and we have to battle to become the heir, right?"

I nodded. I remember him saying things like that.

"Well- my half-siblings. They were exiled. I only was close with a few of them, but when they were gone.. it was just... kind of.. I don't know. It was horrible. I actually miss them, a lot."

A tear rolled down his face as he finished his sentence.

"I-I'm sorry, Byakuya," I said softly.
I wrapped him in a hug.
He pushed me away.
"I don't need your pity," he said. He stood up and walked away.

So much for trying to befriend him. Still, I knew more about him and I knew why he was so cold and distant. Perhaps I could comfort him. Maybe...

A/N: I kinda hate this chapter. More will come, I'm just having a bit of writer's block. UgH.