13

Makoto's POV
I couldn't get over Byakuya. I love him too much. I couldn't let go.
My classmates comforted me, telling me I shouldn't love a rich jerk like him and I would find someone else.

But I noticed, yesterday, when Leon called Byakuya a heartbreaker. And how Byakuya left class and didn't come back. They had all turned against him. And it was all my fault.

Maybe he didn't love me. But I loved him. And there was something... off. Why would he kiss me and cuddle me like that, but not want to be my boyfriend?

Maybe he did that to every cute boy or girl. Pretended to love them, then broke their heart. Maybe he was a heartbreaker. But I had the feeling that there was still something else.

I exited my room the next morning and almost jumped at what I saw.
Byakuya, sleeping against the wall outside of my door.

Oh no. He was supposed to be a rich, perfect, heir, but here he was, looking like a complete mess. He would be ruined if anyone saw him. I quickly grabbed his sleeping body and dragged him inside my room to my bed. I was tucking him in when I noticed his knuckles. They were all bloody and bruised. What had Byakuya done?

I made use of my room's first aid kit and disinfected and cleaned his hands as well as I could. I got up to leave, but I turned back.

I softly kissed his knuckles, tears dripping from my eyes. I remembered what he'd done, but I couldn't bring myself to hate him.

Byakuya's POV
I awoke to something dripping on my hands. Where was I? I fluttered my eyes open barely.

And I saw Makoto, holding my hands and kissing my no longer bloody knuckles. He was crying. I wanted to hug him and kiss him and tell him that I was sorry, but he probably thought I was sleeping. So I watched him leave the room and shut the door.

Where was I? It smells like Makoto, must be his room. Did he carry me in here? I remember falling asleep outside of his door... he must've carried me in. He carried me, a broken mess, into his room.  He took care of my hands. His kindness, even to the person who broke his heart, just reminded me that I definitely didn't deserve him.

I rolled over, breathing in Makoto's scent, and fell asleep crying.

I heard the clicking of a door being unlocked and I immediately sat up, rubbing my eyes.

Makoto entered, holding an apple. His mouth dropped into an o shape when he saw me.
"H-hey, Byakuya, I brought this for you..." he said quietly, holding out the apple.
I stood up. "N-no, I don't deserve it. I don't deserve you. I'm worthless," I muttered, looking down.

Makoto took a step towards me. He looked at me with a passion in his eyes.
"Look at me, Byakuya Togami. You are wonderful. You might seem cold to others, but I know the real you. I know the Byakuya who laughs playing pool games. I know the Byakuya who loves to read books and watch mystery movies. I know the Byakuya who has everything to be the best heir the Togami Conglomerate has ever seen. And I know the Byakuya that is worth everything in the world," he said.

"Do you... forgive me? Even after I broke your heart?" I said softly.
"Of course, I love you," he whispered, wrapping his arms around me and pressing his face into my wrinkled shirt. I hugged him back.

After a few moments, I stepped away and sat on the bed.
"I-I'm sorry. The other day, I wasn't thinking about you. I was thinking about myself and my family. I was selfish. B-but I love you," I apologized. "So.."

I hopped off the bed and knelt in front of Makoto like I was proposing to him, holding out my hands.
"Makoto Naegi, will you be my boyfriend?"
He grabbed my hands, pulling me up.

"Yes, I will, Byakuya Togami," he replied. Then he leapt into my arms and kissed me. I kissed back, wrapping my arms around his waist. It was like the best moment of my life.

He pulled away, burying his head into my shoulder.

"I love you so much, Kuya."

"I love you too, Mako."

A/N how was that? I like it. my keyboard is broken again, so pls tell me if you find any errors! And no, this isn't the last chapter. Have a great day! :)